Monday OT - A Policeman Knew My Name

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Sorry for the belated nature of this OT - it's been a few weeks. :-\

Try out this test and report back your results, if you have time!

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Here is my result:

Personality type: “The Architect” (INTJ-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 81%, Intuitive – 56%, Thinking – 81%, Judging – 88%, Assertive – 67%
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Confident Individualism

My favorite blurb: "Your sarcasm and dark sense of humor are not for everyone." Yeah, no ****.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Personality type: “The Mediator” (INFP-T)
Individual traits: Introverted – 75%, Intuitive – 63%, Feeling – 54%, Prospecting – 51%, Turbulent – 72%
Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement

I find myself to be more observant in a lot of scenarios than intuitive but maybe I'm thinking about it wrongly.

Reactions: Angie

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I got ESTJ-A this go round. Sometimes I get ENTJ-A. I'm always right on the line between S and N, and this time I was 51% S and 49% N.

100% Extraverted
51% Observant
82% Thinking
67% Judging

Other than flipping between N and S, I've taken Myers-Briggs several times a year for 12-15 years and always come in very strong with Extraversion and Thinking, in the middle on Intuitive/Sensing, and pretty strong on Judging over Percieving. The ENTJ-A descriptor usually comes off as more accurate. I'm not super-organized.

Most spot-on observation from the Strengths & Weaknesses: "People with the Executive personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but Executives may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly."

Don't **** with my plans.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Logistician - says I’m practical thinking heartless bastard

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Here is my result:

Individual traits: Introverted – 81%, Intuitive – 56%, Thinking – 81%, Judging – 88%, Assertive – 67%

My favorite blurb: "Your sarcasm and dark sense of humor are not for everyone." Yeah, no ****.

Personality type: Advocate
Individual traits: Introverted 96%, Intuitive 66%, Feeling 57%, Judging 60%, Assertive 81%

I think I may have broken it, as about half of the description for advocate is accurate, and the other half not even close.

Accurate:
"Advocates indeed share a unique combination of traits. Though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain.

Advocates will act with creativity, imagination, conviction, and sensitivity not to create an advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to Advocate personalities. These types tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants."

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Individual traits: Introverted – 51%, Intuitive – 71%, Feeling – 54%, Prospecting – 67%, Turbulent – 65%

Makes sense for me, though i've gotten INTP before as well

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I think this is the third time I've taken this test. I'm still a protagonist. It's pretty spot-on.

Some of those questions leave a lot of room for interpretation, though.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Here is my result:

The Architect (sans quotes) INTJ-T...can't argue.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
One thing I do always find fascinating is that most of the people on message boards or "on the internet" come out as Introverts, where I'm literally 100% Extroverted.

The internet appeals to the Introvert because they don't have to deal with being worn out by people and come and go as they please - never feeling trapped by interaction. The internet also appeals to the extreme extrovert, because on the specific topics they're interested in, it's often difficult to find enough people in real life who share your enthusiasm for the subject, and when you do, it can be hard to get enough interaction to satisfy your interest.

I would much rather talk about the Cyclones with people in real life than strangers on the internet, but that would just burn out, annoy, or be completely uninteresting to so many people I know in the real world.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Individual traits: Introverted – 99%, Intuitive – 70%, Feeling – 61%, Prospecting – 54%, Turbulent – 89%

Pretty spot on. I also feel like I'm more observant than intuitive.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
One thing I do always find fascinating is that most of the people on message boards or "on the internet" come out as Introverts, where I'm literally 100% Extroverted.

The internet appeals to the Introvert because they don't have to deal with being worn out by people and come and go as they please - never feeling trapped by interaction. The internet also appeals to the extreme extrovert, because on the specific topics they're interested in, it's often difficult to find enough people in real life who share your enthusiasm for the subject, and when you do, it can be hard to get enough interaction to satisfy your interest.

I would much rather talk about the Cyclones with people in real life than strangers on the internet, but that would just burn out, annoy, or be completely uninteresting to so many people I know in the real world.
That is one of the more interesting posts I have read in some time.

Reactions: Doc

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I'm very introverted unless I have something that I'm passionate to talk about. Cyclone sports would be one. Maybe introverted doesn't cover the scope of things though, because it's mostly that I can't do idle chit chat. It just makes my brain hurt. Give me a topic I know something about, or an objective for the conversation, and I'll rattle on for days.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Architect INTJ-T
90% Introvert vs Extro
63% Intuitive vs Observant
60% Thinking vs Feeling
57% Judging vs Prospecting
76% Turbulent vs Assertive
I’ve always thought people’s responses to the questions tend to gravitate toward the extremes in these sorts of things though.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Here is my result:

I find it hard to believe our group compromises only 2% of results.