Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The tiger king isn't that interesting. Youngest has me watching this moronic show called "Superstore". It's bad, dumb bad.
What is the deal with Tiger King? Never heard of it until all this stay at home stuff started and people started posting about it

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
We're und
In all honesty, supply can't keep up with demand. First off...

1) My store's been out of hand sanitizer since March 4th. That was a week before the excrement really hit the oscillating blades. I know people were coming in asking for it, saying both WalMart and Target were out, too.
2) I'm not sure how much the powers that be are trying to order. Just enough to fill the shelves without any backstock, or just a bit of backstock? Not sure, but with some things, we're only getting a third of what we're asking for.

So yeah, initially, I'd totally blame a) the hoarders, and b) the businesses that didn't immediately jump to putting restrictions on the most bought stuff. But companies/vendors just can't materialize product out of thin air.

All I can suggest is call your local store, ask when their next truck is coming in carrying [item], hopefully they'll tell you, and be there at the time of store open. (Most trucks are overnight)
That is a good reminder.

Local Target for the win! They also had some soups left. it struck me as funny that the majority left were various versions of chicken soup.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
It isn’t that good. Some woman from Ames in it.

Half way through episode 2, and then episode 3 are good. At the very least, makes you feel a lot better about yourself.

At the end of the day, all of them are the same person, just with different personalities. Carole is also a murderer.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Looks good!
How did it taste?

I always have sliced loaves of muffin bread and asagio cheese bread in the freezer. Take out a couple of slices, pop 'em in the toaster...nummy!
It tastes fine. Just ends up about half the size I think it should be.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Half way through episode 2, and then episode 3 are good. At the very least, makes you feel a lot better about yourself.

At the end of the day, all of them are the same person, just with different personalities. Carole is also a murderer.

It’s all downhill from there. I’m done with 6 and by five it is just one big cluster you know what.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Been going through boxes of stuff I have in storage. So many boxes of newspaper clippings. I think I clipped every story from the Larry's Nattygate. All coaching departures and hirings (had alot of enjoyment tearing up all the chizik hiring articles. For some reason even clipped out stuff from the Pierce case at EIU.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Been going through boxes of stuff I have in storage. So many boxes of newspaper clippings. I think I clipped every story from the Larry's Nattygate. All coaching departures and hirings (had alot of enjoyment tearing up all the chizik hiring articles. For some reason even clipped out stuff from the Pierce case at EIU.

What'd you do with the Chizik coin?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What is the deal with Tiger King? Never heard of it until all this stay at home stuff started and people started posting about it

I've seen people say they can't un-see what they watched or that it is like watching a dumpster fire. I guess fortunately both of us still have to work at the office for now as essential workers so we don't have enough free time to watch it so maybe that is a good thing.

Reactions: Doc

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Down to my last three Hershey's chocolate kisses. :oops:

Day 17 without a grocery run. :eek:

Sure as **** ain't doing any baking. No supplies for that unless I did some fried flat bread but that should really be from corn/flour ground with a stone. ;)

Have a online grocery pickup at drive-through at Byerly's on the 7th so that make it 25/26 days.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Sure as **** ain't doing any baking. No supplies for that unless I did some fried flat bread but that should really be from corn/flour ground with a stone. ;)

Have a online grocery pickup at drive-through at Byerly's on the 7th so that make it 25/26 days.
Time to hunt and gather?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We're und

That is a good reminder.

Local Target for the win! They also had some soups left. it struck me as funny that the majority left were various versions of chicken soup.
When we were at HyVee last week, the only Campbell's Chunky soup left was my favorite, New England Clam Chowder...and it was on sale! I bought several. :D

Reactions: oldman and cyrevkah

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

get some venison from your yard

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My day is a mess. Wife volunteered to drive for meals on wheels for this week. She now had a meeting from 9-12 so I get to do it. So I figure I will wrap up an appraisal ‘this morning. Basically done, just need to proof and verify, so I go to grab my coffee and realize that the wife moved over to my computer because Zoom doesn’t work as well on her computer as mine. So I’m just kinda trying to figure out what to do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.