Ozark on Netflix

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
i enjoyed it. At times I liked the brother, he was in the story too much. Enjoyed the back and forth with the FBI.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Thats what Im curious about is what exactly is going on with the FBI in the story and where are they going with that story line, is that going to be the end product of the storyline? Trying to be cryptic with out giving to much info lol

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

I don't understand responses like this and the other snarky one I got, "thanks for your contribution." It's like you guys think that if you don't share the same opinion as everyone else, don't bother to post. Well, I got news for you. I'm going to post in any thread whenever the mood strikes me, so save your save-the-world-from-unwanted-posts attitude for someone else.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I don't understand responses like this and the other snarky one I got, "thanks for your contribution." It's like you guys think that if you don't share the same opinion as everyone else, don't bother to post. Well, I got news for you. I'm going to post in any thread whenever the mood strikes me, so save your save-the-world-from-unwanted-posts attitude for someone else.

Okay?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Back on subject...going through episode 3 right now. Getting good.

Ruth throwing Frank Jr. off the boat is going to be hard to top as one of my favorite moments

agreed. I laughed hard at that. She wasn’t taking his bs. Then Marty seeing it on camera and ending the episode with “f!”

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I've been waiting for this for awhile, and now I have to wait even longer because my wife wants to watch with me but she hasn't seen any of it. So rewatching season 1 and 2 first, ugh I forgot I watched it alone.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I've been waiting for this for awhile, and now I have to wait even longer because my wife wants to watch with me but she hasn't seen any of it. So rewatching season 1 and 2 first, ugh I forgot I watched it alone.

Watch season 3 when she's not around and then when she finally gets around to watching it with you just act super surprised.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Watch season 3 when she's not around and then when she finally gets around to watching it with you just act super surprised.

I would totally do this, and even get bonus points for acting surprised or calling things out and be wrong, but we are both stuck at home for the corona crap, our main tv stopped working, so she's always around and sharing the 2 remaining tv's we have.

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Man that season was maddening in a good way I suppose but it sucks you into the dreariness. The way they ended the season was jaw dropping, my jaw was literally on the ground, holy cow. Not sure what the point of the brother being involved in the story line beyond being time filler though, but otherwise good season.
He (indirectly) drove the wedge between Ruth and the Byrdes, which I assume will be a major point of next season.

It also showed how fragile their lifestyle is and how low they have to go to keep it.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
If Ruth ended up pregnant from the brother I could see the brother being a huge point to the story line in the future but in general the point of the character wasnt that valuable to the storyline as even the wedge between the Byrdes and Ruth was growing from other characters already.
Oh man did the Jonah crashing his drone a few times make me laugh hard, really funny scenes.

Reactions: Scott34

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The vixen suggested we try this, so we watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 last night.

The dramatic structure is good, and Bateman and Linney are excellent. I just feel like many of the situations are contrived (their kids are ******** - I wanted to slap that 15 yr old girl), and nobody thinks as fast as Byrde does. He could talk himself out of a train wreck.

But what might ultimately put me off enough to stop watching is the fact that I just can't really care about any of the characters. Somebody mentioned having sympathy for Walter White in BB.....which is true. For some reason I can't identify with any of these people. They're all pretty slimy.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
But what might ultimately put me off enough to stop watching is the fact that I just can't really care about any of the characters. Somebody mentioned having sympathy for Walter White in BB.....which is true. For some reason I can't identify with any of these people. They're all pretty slimy.

I can understand feeling that way after 3 episodes. I think it's easier to relate once the story evolves more and more characters are introduced. I really enjoyed all 3 seasons.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Have 3 seasons left until I'm finished binging all three seasons. Ruth by far is my favorite character. Also a phenomenal actress.

Marty and Wendy do a good job of making you like them at times and detest them at other times. Neither one of them can get too high or too low it seems. Buddy was also a great character.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Have 3 seasons left until I'm finished binging all three seasons. Ruth by far is my favorite character. Also a phenomenal actress.

Marty and Wendy do a good job of making you like them at times and detest them at other times. Neither one of them can get too high or too low it seems. Buddy was also a great character.

You better get started then

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Just started watching it, so far its pretty awesome. I loved the beginning and setting the stage, currently on episode 5 and looking forward to the rest.

Reactions: 1100011CS

Help Support Us

Become a patron