Led Zeppelin

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't know if they're on a Mt. Rushmore, but I wonder if BB will be looked at more strongly as time goes on.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Great thing about music is that everyone can have their favorites without having to worry about what others think.

The Replacements are probably my favorite band of all time, and would be joined by The Smiths, Pavement, and REM on my Mt Rushmore.

The Replacements are incredible. Every rock/pop/punk music fan should take the time to discover their stuff.

Reactions: Icky_Mettle

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Many fail to recognize the genius

If you have to explain why your band is genius instead of people going holy **** this is genius. Then no, they are not genius. Tom Morillo on guitar is genius. When the Levy breaks by Zepplin is Genius.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

What's funny is that the video for 'Alex Chilton' is the exact same video for 'The Ledge' which might be my favorite Replacement tune. The band HATED music videos, thought they were stupid, had zero interest in doing them. The label forced their hand and told them they will make a music video for 'The Ledge'. So Westerberg and the others said **** it, we're going to make the most boring music video in history, a collection of shots of the guys sitting on old furniture in a warehouse eating burgers. That was the video they got. MTV wouldn't play it because they thought 'The Ledge' encouraged teen suicide, which shows how stupid MTV was because the point of the song was the exact opposite. But I love how that video is essentially a big middle finger from the band to the whole thing.

Last edited:

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
If you have to explain why your band is genius instead of people going holy **** this is genius. Then no, they are not genius. Tom Morillo on guitar is genius. When the Levy breaks by Zepplin is Genius.

Kashmir, Zeppelin and Morello, "Genius".

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
Generation Rock influencers

Greatest Gen—-Chuck Berry
Silent Gen—Elvis Presley
Boomer—Rollingstones
Gen X—- Nirvana
Millennial —Arcade Fire
Gen Z—rock is dead

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Generation Rock influencers

Greatest Gen—-Chuck Berry
Silent Gen—Elvis Presley
Boomer—Rollingstones
Gen X—- Nirvana
Millennial —Arcade Fire
Gen Z—rock is dead

Alice N Chains is Gen X. NIrvana had 1 good song maybe 2

Reactions: deadeyededric

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Someone watch The Who 9/11 concert. Not a huge The Who fan but my goodness they rocked that show.

Here is the concert I’m talking about

Probably my favorite -- if not something close to the consensus -- live band of all time. Very few bands can claim the live versions of their greatest albums and their best-known stuff is better than their studio versions, but they can do it.

Reactions: sheepplucker

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Probably my favorite zeppelin song.

Next to "wanton excess" in the dictionary is a picture of Physical Graffiti.

That being said, it has some good songs.

"Houses of the Holy" is easily the best of them.

I wish it had just been on Houses of the Holy. That is easily my favorite LZ album (even before IV, yes), and it would have been even better with that song.

I find it odd they held it off because it did not "fit" -- a bouncy, rumbling, and fun song like that is exactly what you want on Houses of the Holy.