Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You have a freezer?

Ugh frozen fish. Just doesn’t taste the same. I might actually take up fishing again this spring. I’ve been buying random new gear for like two years but have never gotten around to getting it ready and using it. Good social distancing activity.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ugh frozen fish. Just doesn’t taste the same. I might actually take up fishing again this spring. I’ve been buying random new gear for like two years but have never gotten around to getting it ready and using it. Good social distancing activity.

If you get the notion to dig into the fly fishing world pm if you'd like. I can give tips to get into it and keep it simple and relatively inexpensive.

I should get out myself at some point...'fresh' air via windows is not the same as sloshing around in the water.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The romanticized huge casts from movies are usually not a thing but whipping a big pike fly around the air would be a good way to make sure everyone keeps their distance. :)
Haha I used to float tube with the snapping turtles and snakes, much more soothing out here!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Fly fishing feels like the one activity that's more boring than staying at home for the last two weeks.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Cytasticlone

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yep. If nothing else it would place additional pressure on offices that somehow havent figured out how to get their employees on WFH to do that. Seeing too many friends still having to go into work at Wells, for example, when if they wanted to WF could have figured out a way to allow them to wfh by now. But until the governor starts putting some pressure there, it won't happen

Financial Institutions are deemed essential.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was watching news today and WI has way, way more cases than MN or IA. Like 4-5x more. Weird

Yeah and not sure why...I think it's kind of a 'dead' time really until May for traveling up north and such. I do think plenty in the state ignored the warnings and continued to go out to bars, etc. until they had to close it all down.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
The romanticized huge casts from movies are usually not a thing but whipping a big pike fly around the air would be a good way to make sure everyone keeps their distance. :)

Are you implying movie fly fishing scenes wouldn’t be nearly as good if they were a guy doing nothing but roll casts on a tiny creek and constantly swearing cause he’s always hung up on the bank!!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
They'd still be working, just from home.

I agree some will. But call centers and mail rooms can't work from home. A large company I do consulting for has most of their employees working from home except for their "operations" staff and some of their IT staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.