Ozark on Netflix

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Crazy episodes this year, addictive show. Darlene Snell is about as dangerous a character as Ive seen in awhile. Watched the season in 2 days.

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
5 episodes on season 2. Did season 1 have the 4 varying symbols for each episode? I really like that feature and just started noticing it in the intro.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
5 episodes on season 2. Did season 1 have the 4 varying symbols for each episode? I really like that feature and just started noticing it in the intro.
Yeah, I think it did.

The symbols aren't random, and basically foreshadow significant events that will happen in the episode.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

I only just noticed it during this season as well. Sure enough, Season 1 had it too... here is a screen grab from S1Ep3. Ozark.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Javinegli

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
So I started this show about a year ago, went through season 1 slowly as I watch it at the gym, but binged on season 2 in about a week. Sometimes I hate the Netflix structure as you blow through stuff and it's a long time waiting for the next season.

Can't wait for season 3! I'm not sure exactly what I thought of season 2, I enjoyed it, but it was a little all over the place and overly dramatic. Semi-predictable too in some places.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
So I started this show about a year ago, went through season 1 slowly as I watch it at the gym, but binged on season 2 in about a week. Sometimes I hate the Netflix structure as you blow through stuff and it's a long time waiting for the next season.

Can't wait for season 3! I'm not sure exactly what I thought of season 2, I enjoyed it, but it was a little all over the place and overly dramatic. Semi-predictable too in some places.

@Farnsworth, if you haven't watch the Haunting of Hill House (or whatever the specific title is) on Netflix you need to add it to your watch list. Pretty worthwhile.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
@Farnsworth, if you haven't watch the Haunting of Hill House (or whatever the specific title is) on Netflix you need to add it to your watch list. Pretty worthwhile.

Will do! I need something new to watch at the gym on cardio days.

I also found this video as a good explanation of the end of season 2 as I was a little distracted watching the last 2 episodes.

Reactions: isufbcurt

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I just watched the trailer to see what it was about. I'm not a Netflix member currently. I'm not sure I can handle this series, I am pretty sensitive to these types of shows. BB stressed me out, probably even worse because I binge watched it in a month. Sneaky Pete on Prime is very similar, and I really like it. Dexter was another show that I just felt dirty after watching and cheering for a serial killer. But I love Jason Bateman and Laura Linney so I may have to try it out the next time I join.

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Season 3 starting off awesome. Ruth is in my top 3 characters if not my number one right now.

Reactions: Javinegli

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I watched episode three. Very intense. I know I never want to be waterboarded.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Wow, I just started this series last night.... Very deep script, really like it so far.... Anyone else watching this?

They make most of the Ozarks (mizzoure) folks seems backwoods, which I don't deny they probably are, but is seems a bit much.... I also like that even though they are that way, there are some of them that throw shade and curve balls at the main character which shows their is more depth there.....

I have very little patience, so if a show doesn't grab me from the start, i quit watching. 15 minutes into the first episode and I quit watching.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I have very little patience, so if a show doesn't grab me from the start, i quit watching. 15 minutes into the first episode and I quit watching.
You are really missing out, I don't know what else I can say. You probably need to up your inpatience standard to 30 minutes. You will thank me for it,

Reactions: bos

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Man that season was maddening in a good way I suppose but it sucks you into the dreariness. The way they ended the season was jaw dropping, my jaw was literally on the ground, holy cow. Not sure what the point of the brother being involved in the story line beyond being time filler though, but otherwise good season.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
You are really missing out, I don't know what else I can say. You probably need to up your inpatience standard to 30 minutes. You will thank me for it,

I gave up halfway through season 2. Got kind of loose with the storyline for me. Does it get better in 3?