Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
She needs to tell essential workers to stay home unless they are in an emergency field. You have constructions sites with 100 people on them and 3 pissers.

Construction company lawyers will have exemption papers drafted for them if they haven't already. Construction is deemed essential everywhere.

I'm already carrying the legal paperwork for my industry.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No. I'm saying if we tested more we would know who had it and where the hot spots were.

Don't we know that by where the hospitals have the most admittance? The hot spots will also be larger cities for the most part because they have a larger population density.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If you have an hour and a half to kill, this is pretty good. I happen to know this guy.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
So you're part of the problem that thinks they are essential?

Nope, I am essential for several reasons that I'd prefer not to discuss on a forum.

That being said, I go to my job and am in contact with no additional people and then come home where my family has been sheltered in place for 3 weeks now. Only leave the house for the essential nature of my job and once every other week to the grocery store.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No one outside of China has reported that happening.

I know that...I'm curious to see what comes of the other places. You'd think that information would be coming out somewhere soon.

And also I'm not sure why they would make that up.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
But how many tests have occurred in the other counties?

The key to getting control on this is mass testing.
The number of tests in a certain area or county is dependent upon the number of people who present with symptoms and the attending determines should be tested. We know where our hot spots currently are. There isn't a cluster of people somewhere in Iowa going untested and dying off or being hospitalized.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Nope, I am essential for several reasons that I'd prefer not to discuss on a forum.

That being said, I go to my job and am in contact with no additional people and then come home where my family has been sheltered in place for 3 weeks now. Only leave the house for the essential nature of my job and once every other week to the grocery store.
CIA?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

giphy.gif

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
You'll be disappointed. Everything that would be closed under "stay at home" is already in place in Iowa.
She could order it and say the only reason you can leave your house is for essential needs.

I've said before we have a de facto stay-at-home order in place. But an official order might still have some substance in keeping more workers at home.

Ultimately the surrounding states (MN,WI,IL,now KS) implementing these is why I think she might feel obligated to issue an official order. She has said in her pressers a stay at home order isn't necessary yet, but has never ruled it out.

If she doesn't announce it tomorrow, I'm more inclined to think we won't get one. But things are still changing every day, so who knows

Reactions: ClonesTwenty1

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I've said before we have a de facto stay-at-home order in place. But an official order might still have some substance in keeping more workers at home.

Ultimately the surrounding states (MN,WI,IL,now KS) implementing these is why I think she might feel obligated to issue an official order. She has said in her pressers a stay at home order isn't necessary yet, but has never ruled it out.

If she doesn't announce it tomorrow, I'm more inclined to think we won't get one. But things are still changing every day, so who knows

Exactly. So far she’s just been picking and choosing which employee’s to protect.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wouldn't a stay at home order include all nonessential employees?

Yep. If nothing else it would place additional pressure on offices that somehow havent figured out how to get their employees on WFH to do that. Seeing too many friends still having to go into work at Wells, for example, when if they wanted to WF could have figured out a way to allow them to wfh by now. But until the governor starts putting some pressure there, it won't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.