CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Here's my dream lineup and maybe overly optimistic predictions:

125 - Mackall - AA
133 - Gomez - Mid AA
141 - Parker - Finalist
149 - Degen - Finalist
157 - Schumacker - NQ
165 - Carr - Finalist (chooses his weight - Logan goes at the open weight)
174 - Colbray - R12/AA
184 - Coleman/Broderson (best guy wins) R12/AA
197 - Shapiro or Coleman/Broderson - NQ
Hwt - Gremmel - AA

6 AA's, 2 Champs and Team overall - 1st... ISU shocks the wrestling world :)

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Jake Torkelson Retweeted

Chad Beaman

@ChadBeaman

Excited to announce a big showdown with two of Humboldt’s alumni December 20 right here in the Humboldt gym! Iowa State vs. Purdue. Could this be a top 10 showdown? Great work by Coaches Dresser and Ersland to get this going!

This is happening. Also, I think Campbell was going to be on the schedule. Not sure if that changed since Kolat left

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Jake Torkelson Retweeted

Chad Beaman

@ChadBeaman

Excited to announce a big showdown with two of Humboldt’s alumni December 20 right here in the Humboldt gym! Iowa State vs. Purdue. Could this be a top 10 showdown? Great work by Coaches Dresser and Ersland to get this going!

This is happening. Also, I think Campbell was going to be on the schedule. Not sure if that changed since Kolat left
Purdue is a great get on the schedule. Solid team.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
Degen will be back next year, he is not going to medical redshirt. The only way he is at ISU for 2 more years if they give back this past season, which sounds like we'll know by the 30th.
Personally, Degen is one of my favorite to watch simply because his style is so different from the norm. He's uses his feet like another set of hands and he wrestles from a high or straight up position versus trying to stay lower. I do think his shoulders prevented him from shooting in on legs as much this year because it exposed his shoulders to extended arms and dislocations. IF he can get his shoulders fixed I'm a believer that he can be a NCAA Champ. I had him ranked #1 pre-season and his early season close, questionable loss to Lugo only fueled my belief.
You are completely correct on shooting b/c of his right shoulder. It hurt him to do it & would pop out a lot of the time. I thought he had Boo pinned in that scramble at Big 12's. It was a shock when he was the one who got pinned! Lugo's match was ridiculous & in my biased opinion,those ref have something against him. He's had them a few times that questionable things have happened. All the time outs in close matches where it gave his competitor the edge to get their breath back!! He wears them down.
Hoping his surgery goes better than last year, he takes the time to recover fully, & comes out even stronger & tougher!

Htowncyfan

Mar 18, 2018
Yeah but Humboldt has been the epi-Center of modern wrestling since the days of Frank Gotch. Like the Olympics going back to Athens. :)

Reactions: matclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
It will be a blast and packed. Not sure how many fit in Humboldt's gym though.

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
You need to worry about that Humboldt group. There will be some pre partying going on (before and after) and I will be happy to join them.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jake Torkelson Retweeted

Chad Beaman

@ChadBeaman

Woah!! This is pretty cool. That's gonna be intense. If anyone can get the scoop on tickets I would love to be there for that unique event.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Nice. Best sausage sandwich in the area ( at least circa 1979-80). Maybe we can get them to show tapes ( reel to reel) of the Buf. vs Dresser bouts from back in the day.

I don’t turn out so good in those matches.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Nice. Best sausage sandwich in the area ( at least circa 1979-80). Maybe we can get them to show tapes ( reel to reel) of the Buf. vs Dresser bouts from back in the day.

Maybe Dresser has them on VHS! I think that is what we used back then. I did make it 6 minutes in all my matches with him. A couple might have been decisions.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Woah!! This is pretty cool. That's gonna be intense. If anyone can get the scoop on tickets I would love to be there for that unique event.

I wonder how they'll handle the tix for that. I'd love to go too but I've got to think they'll be tough to get. As good a wrestling town as they are and as cool as this will be for Humboldt, they won't need any help filling that gym.

Really cool on a lot of fronts, but especially for Dresser and Ersland.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron