Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I came to the same conclusion last week. Spouse and I are both running Zoom meetings simultaneously, plus I'm uploading the videos.
We had been CenturyLink customers for 9 years. When they told me there was no option to upgrade my upload/download speed, we dumped them. Just finished the switch to ImOn on Tuesday.
I looked at Mediacom for a hot second, than remembered my experience with similar conglomerates in WI. .

Keep up the good fight man. It's nice helping out students and seeing their faces.

You're seeing faces?
We've been told not to do this via synchronous meetings.
I look up people's faces on the class list when they e-mail, if I don't already recognize their name. I'm considering a very, very, very optional video call Sunday night if it looks like our equipment can handle it.

I talked with Mediacom last night about the upgrade. They hung up while I went to get some info. I did more research and saw again how quickly it would blow up in our face, so it's time to just truck on by.

I think it's going to be short introductory videos for context, post the slides that would have happened, along with notes on that notes page, and some links to relevant videos, since links I can do, and uploading I cannot.

Reactions: Entropy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does anyone have a kid safe YouTube channel to watch with kids during quarantine? Mine r driving me nuts and I need something to watch with them that is tolerable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Does anyone have a kid safe YouTube channel to watch with kids during quarantine? Mine r driving me nuts and I need something to watch with them that is tolerable

How old?

Kidzbop dances might provide entertainment and getting the energy out.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Woke up yesterday with sharp pain on the side of my foot right at my big toe knuckle. No trauma there recently so kind of confusing. May just need to chop it off.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Woke up yesterday with sharp pain on the side of my foot right at my big toe knuckle. No trauma there recently so kind of confusing. May just need to chop it off.

You got rona!! Cut it off and get it 6' away from anybody you know. Even if it isn't, better safe than sorry.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I've had stuff like that and it's amazing what role shoe tread, having a bad arch, hip strength etc. can play in something so small.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
You're seeing faces?
We've been told not to do this via synchronous meetings.
I look up people's faces on the class list when they e-mail, if I don't already recognize their name. I'm considering a very, very, very optional video call Sunday night if it looks like our equipment can handle it.

I talked with Mediacom last night about the upgrade. They hung up while I went to get some info. I did more research and saw again how quickly it would blow up in our face, so it's time to just truck on by.

I think it's going to be short introductory videos for context, post the slides that would have happened, along with notes on that notes page, and some links to relevant videos, since links I can do, and uploading I cannot.

I'm running it more like a flipped classroom.
Normal class meeting times are when I am available to answer questions or help them work through problems.

My class sizes are quite reasonable. My class sizes run between 18 to 23 people per course. I could potentially host everyone on at one time, but my concern with the student populations I work with is availability, particularly if they are in a critical job (healthcare, grocery jobs, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron