College Football - 2020

Will there be a 2020 College Football Season?

• Yes, as normal

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Yes, shortened season

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Yes, no crowds at games

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Do you think we will see a 2020 college football season? I don't think we will. The Olympics are postponed and they were set to be completed near the beginning of the college football season.

I sure hope I'm wrong though...

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I think by Sept 1 things will be normal, or as close as you can get until they create a vaccine.

The Olympic postponement is more complicated that just looking at the timing of the games. Every sport has to go through a qualifying process and that is the component that would have been most impacted by covid-19 and limitation on gatherings.

Also the Olympics bring together people from all over the world. While the US is in the midst of its fight against the 'evil" virus- my assumption is there will be flair-ups around the US and world for the next 4-5 months and it might significantly impact other countries in 3-4 months.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
I think by Sept 1 things will be normal, or as close as you can get until they create a vaccine.

The Olympic postponement is more complicated that just looking at the timing of the games. Every sport has to go through a qualifying process and that is the component that would have been most impacted by covid-19 and limitation on gatherings.

Also the Olympics bring together people from all over the world. While the US is in the midst of its fight against the 'evil" virus- my assumption is there will be flair-ups around the US and world for the next 4-5 months and it might significantly impact other countries in 3-4 months.
Agreed, the Olympics postponement was more about all the things leading up to the Olympics, not the actual Games in July...

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Also the Olympics bring together people from all other the world. While the US is in the midst of its fight against the 'evil" virus- my assumption is there will be flair-ups around the US and world for the next 4-5 months.

Yeah, I'm optimistic...but the variables of CDC recs could impact.

Meaning, if we are in a place to be more normal, but not fully normal yet, hard to have fall camp if not supposed to have groups of more than xxx number (and obviously the impact to stadiums, etc).

And as a reminder, most FB players would typically be here over the summer to workout/take classes and that will be in jeopardy soon....and with an Aug.1 camp start (ish)....that means planning or decisions will need to be much before.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
If there are robust test and trace systems put into place across the country in the next month or two we will have normal football...I am just not optimistic we will get to that. I sure hope we do!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I voted yes, but crowdless.

I think we'll be in a place where it's ok for domestic travel to occur and people to congregate to some extent, but they aren't going to be comfortable putting 100,000 people in a stadium at the same time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Voted no.

I think with this nation's current leadership, we're going to see another big spike about August because we're going to go back to normal WAY, WAY too soon.

• Agree
Reactions: CYchopath06 and GTO

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I voted yes, but crowdless.

I think we'll be in a place where it's ok for domestic travel to occur and people to congregate to some extent, but they aren't going to be comfortable putting 100,000 people in a stadium at the same time.

Good thing Jack Trice doesnt hold 100,000 then

Reactions: GTO

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
They haven't cancelled big league baseball yet have they? "Postponed"

I bet they'll have a baseball season of some sort so I voted yes on football.

That's also me voting optimistically

• Optimistic
Reactions: clonedude

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I voted no crowds, but I honestly don't know.

We won't have a vaccine by September, but my prediction/hope is by that point there are recommended treatment options that can help keep serious illness and deaths subdued

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
If you voted no football season, I'm curious if you think kids won't have school the rest of this school year, and then still won't into Aug Sept.

I don't see how there's that big of a difference. Either way thousands of people meeting in close quarters.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If there are robust test and trace systems put into place across the country in the next month or two we will have normal football...I am just not optimistic we will get to that. I sure hope we do!

Yeah I think we're too far behind.

Might be a natural consequence for entertainment purposes for those that just kept up the socializing and refused to help flatten the curve.

I don't think baseball happens either so there will at least be a 'normalcy' to not seeing sports.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If you voted no football season, I'm curious if you think kids won't have school the rest of this school year, and then still won't into Aug Sept.

I don't see how there's that big of a difference. Either way thousands of people meeting in close quarters.

States have waivers for schools vs. counting days.

Next August/September for staring school back up will be interesting. I'd assume more online systems will be in place. Might be revolutionary.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

I don't know that kids will step foot in school buildings again in 2020.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think you'll see a huge anti-quarantine movement by then. Some people don't want to do it now, and if we're looking at 5 months from now with no sports or any diversion being cooped up inside the whole time, we're probably at 50% unemployment with mass suicides.

Help Support Us

Become a patron