Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My (un)favorite post on Ames People FB to date:
Just curious... if an in home daycare provider was on spring break last week (drove) out of state, and out on beaches and in public-should they be allowing children back this week? Or should the provider and her children be in isolation for 14 days? Secondly-should provider demand/require parents to pay for the time parents keep their children home if she is in isolation since provider decided to go on vacation?

My answer: PLEASE ask the experts at the IDPH, not a social media group.
The response: I have, but no response yet.

Me: pounding my head figuratively on my WFH desk aka the dining room table.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I will be officially out of prosciutto in the next couple of minutes. Have one wedge of Dutch cheese left. First world problems.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just curious... if an in home daycare provider was on spring break last week (drove) out of state, and out on beaches and in public-should they be allowing children back this week? Or should the provider and her children be in isolation for 14 days? Secondly-should provider demand/require parents to pay for the time parents keep their children home if she is in isolation since provider decided to go on vacation?

I am about unconscious after seeing all the stupid/dumb/idiot/WTF are they saying posts on Ames People. I just click and "hide all posts from ------"

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

My two cents they should be in isolation, and the provider should eat the costs of missed income for being a moron.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Don't pay, and let the provider take her to small claims court. However, she'll be on the hook to find new daycare.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Made a grocery run for the parents today lots of fresh fruits and vegetables for them they should be good for a wk or better. I know there is some risk but but hopefully it all worked out ok. I'm guessing it's still safer for me to pick up their groceries for them than them going into town.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Got all the tail lights working on my truck fixed some wiring and replaced a blown fuse. Returned the light that I bought but didn't need and picked up the clips to hold the assembly in place. The old ones are rusted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.