***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I wouldn't put too much stock into that list. It's still early but it seems like the real players are going to be Marquette, Creighton, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa State, and Nebraska.

Didn't it basically come down to Wisky and tOSU for Carton coming out of HS? I was thinking that I was surprised he picked tOSU at the time because I thought he was going to Wisky.

I know Iowa fans thought they had a shot, but realistically I don't think they ever did.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Prohm should be telling Carton he can play 40 mins a game at ISU if he wants to. Tell him you'll only take him out of the game if he requests to be taken out.
Pretty sure prohm says that to all transfers and keeps his word even when it negatively effects the team.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sigmapolis

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not too much here about Carton but guess we'll know one way or another if ISU is a option by the end of the week.

"He’s heard from plenty of programs including Texas, Marquette, Louisville, Arkansas, Creighton, Texas Tech, Oregon, Alabama, Illinois, USC, Nebraska, Seton Hall, DePaul, Auburn, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, amongst some others.

Carton has been in the process of moving out of Columbus during this outbreak so he hasn’t started speaking with schools yet but will do so this week. The former five-star, with many suitors will be able to work on finding himself a new home. Expect list of programs to grow."
https://stockrisers.com/2020/03/22/...-plenty-of-suitors-will-begin-process-monday/

• Winner
Reactions: BryceC

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Even if one guy didn’t have us on his large list, that doesn’t mean we aren’t recruiting him. I’m guessing him and Prohm didn’t follow each other on twitter for no reason.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015

I thought we might have recruited him out of hs but I couldn’t find anything so maybe not. Having two tray/tre jackson’s on a team would be pretty funny

• Agree
Reactions: huntt26

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Another Transfer Target: Alex O’Connell. An experienced sharpshooting guard with 3 Years at Duke who averaged over 5 PPG with very efficient 3 Point shooting numbers. He would be a Matt Thomas Type of Player for the Clones. Leave your thoughts
1f32a.png

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Another Transfer Target: Alex O’Connell. An experienced sharpshooting guard with 3 Years at Duke who averaged over 5 PPG with very efficient 3 Point shooting numbers. He would be a Matt Thomas Type of Player for the Clones. Leave your thoughts
1f32a.png
My thoughts would be that I'd take him in a heartbeat. I watched a lot of Duke basketball and this kid would've started at most places besides schools like Duke and Kentucky. He's long, pretty darn athletic, and can shoot the crap out of the ball.

I have a hard time thinking we'll get the opportunity at him, but I'd love him here.

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
1f32a.png
Did this kid just struggle badly this year? 27% from 3 doesn't scream elite shooter

Help Support Us

Become a patron