At-Home Concerts

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was thinking about posting a similar thread. Last night I went down a YouTube live music rabbit hole, ended up watching the Goo Goo Dolls Live in Buffalo from ‘04. Such a great show.

Reactions: AgronAlum and arobb

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1D4uVDTY19pwUBYIcUoZIZ&cshid=1584731221739

https://www.homeditty.com/
(Katie lives in DM)
HomeDitty™ is an online platform specifically designed to make hosting house concerts easy and hassle free. It's absolutely FREE to sign up and host a concert in your home. Anyone can do it!

Search through our network of musicians' profiles by genre or location. Pick an artist, book your show using our simple booking tool and forward our custom invitation to your friends. All house concerts are private events and are not open to the public.

Last edited:
Reactions: tplumm

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
A lot of musicians have been playing "concerts" at home and posting them to social media, and several have been pretty darn good. My favorite so far has been Neil Young playing outside at his ranch while it was snowing:

https://neilyoungarchives.com/movie-night

Anyone else stumbled on any good at-home concerts?

Not lately, but I've been watching really good performances on the internet for years.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Brad Paisley did a FB live yesterday and was taking requests. Have seen some lesser know artists from Nashville using FB to do some live things too

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
PBS has a lot of good Austin City Limits shows. Some are free and some you need to have a Passport subscription which is only $5/month. Cage the Elephant, The Raconteurs, Colter Wall, Gary Clark Jr, Kacey Musgraves, Brandi Carlile, John Prine, Chris Stapleton, Dan Auerbach, LCD Soundsystem, Run the Jewels, Jason Isbell, Arctic Monkeys just to name a few.
https://www.pbs.org/show/austin-city-limits/

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Going to add some new life to this thread. I was just thinking the other day with all these artists not touring for awhile are we going to see a huge drop of new albums and music in the next 12 months? These creative minds have to be going nuts at home and are probably working on new songs and albums they typically have to find time between tour dates to do.

I stumbled upon an at home concert by one of my favorite country artists John Rich the other day. He shares a lot of interesting stories about stuff in his favorite room in his house that that includes some legends like George Jones, Merle Haggard, John Anderson, and his grandfather who had 6 purple hearts in WW2. He ends his concert with a new song that is supposedly hitting country radio this week called "Stay Home" that has some funny lyrics to it.

Brad Paisley got Carrie Underwood and Tim McGraw to join him

Garth and Trisha

Here's an all-female band of Nashville artists named Side Piece that are pretty talented doing a cover of 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton. The fiddle player is Megan Mullins who if you look her up she has some songs she recorded around 2006-2009 as a solo artist and has played fiddle for Big & Rich and Randy Owen of Alabama at times.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-M2av2BkVP/?hl=en

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
So am curious on how about to get two people playing/singing at the same time on Instagram accounts (or any program for that matter) similar to what paisley was doing I’m his video above? Had some ideas of doing something like this for a local (Central Iowa) thing with a couple musicians I know but am just not that technologically savvy. Anyone have any experience/thoughts?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
So am curious on how about to get two people playing/singing at the same time on Instagram accounts (or any program for that matter) similar to what paisley was doing I’m his video above? Had some ideas of doing something like this for a local (Central Iowa) thing with a couple musicians I know but am just not that technologically savvy. Anyone have any experience/thoughts?

Guessing they used some video conference software like Zoom, Duo, or Skype. My wife does a "girls night" video chat with her friends on Zoom on Friday nights the past 2 weeks.

I'd love to see more links to home concerts in this thread. Probably will be the new norm for awhile because even optimistically if things start to open up on May 1 I doubt we see concerts and sporting events played in venues right away either. MLB is already talking about playing games to empty stadiums and neutral sites just to get some kind of season in. I just hope by the time college football season gets here we can all tailgate and sit in the stands at Jack Trice like we always do and not have this cloud hanging over us.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I watched this one on Fox last night which was pretty good. Disappointing that they advertised it has Elton John performing and then he only played one chorus at the very end.