Worst movie you watched lately.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Any saga of ... "The Women of...." Sorry but you can't fix a lot of silicon stupidity on these. Wife loves watching them, but these gals are dumber than fence posts!

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
I'm sorry to say I actually watched the live-action Aladdin movie with Will Smith. Ugh is being too kind to it. Just terrible. Worst movie I have seen in maybe a decade. Slightly worse than my two worst movies I watched in 2019 which were Wine Country and Serenity. If you can make a movie worst then Serenity, you've got be doing some stuff majorly wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
The Beach Bum, starring Matthew McConaughey. I turned it on because it had Isla Fisher in it (meow). Snoop Dogg was it in also. Truly awful. I can't even remember what it was about; it may not have had an actual plot.

Yep yep. 2 hours of MM getting stoned. Terrible.

Got fooled into watching Greasy Strangler on Netflix. So weird and bad, it was almost good. “You’re a ******** artist!”

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I thought it was pretty good. Did he actually do that with a grenade in real life? That's pretty bad ass.

I think something like that did happen for real. Just the way they did that scene was so over-the-top Hollywoodized it was kind of embarrassing. Just my opinion.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Toy Story 4..........pretty entertaining movie actually, then it came to angry bitter hault for me with 10 minutes to go. Why? Really? Just, just, WHY? Buzz and Woody part ways, Really? WHY!? I've seen some dandies in my life, but whoever came to the plot brainstorm meeting and said "hey I got a good idea on how to conclude this series...." should really have all credentials removed and told to find a new career.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Wife and I watched Rocketman the other night. Just a bizarrely made movie the way it floated in and out of reality. Would have just preferred a normal bio-pic.
I watched Rocketman on an 11 hour plane flight and had no idea what to expect, but ended up loving it personally. I thought Taron Egerton did a great job with what I'd imagine is a interesting role to tap into.

Speaking to the way the movie was made, I took it all in as; it was supposed to represent the point in his life he was at or the state of mind he was in at the time. The airy, float-y, or underwater scenes are his trips, the passing of blinding lights and blurred colors was his alcohol abuse, his interactions with his parents are shot in a bit darker light, the scenes where the color pops are when he's singing because that is the only time his life is clear and meaningful to him during his substance abuse and abusive relationships.

I went in expecting a Bohemian Rhapsody type movie, because I had just watched it before Rocketman, and I don't know if that helped or hurt, but it certainly caught me off guard.

Lastly, I understand people not liking it being Elton's real music, but at the same time I thought it was pretty impressive what Taron pulls off.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I watched Rocketman on an 11 hour plane flight and had no idea what to expect, but ended up loving it personally. I thought Taron Egerton did a great job with what I'd imagine is a interesting role to tap into.

Speaking to the way the movie was made, I took it all in as; it was supposed to represent the point in his life he was at or the state of mind he was in at the time. The airy, float-y, or underwater scenes are his trips, the passing of blinding lights and blurred colors was his alcohol abuse, his interactions with his parents are shot in a bit darker light, the scenes where the color pops are when he's singing because that is the only time his life is clear and meaningful to him during his substance abuse and abusive relationships.

I went in expecting a Bohemian Rhapsody type movie, because I had just watched it before Rocketman, and I don't know if that helped or hurt, but it certainly caught me off guard.

Lastly, I understand people not liking it being Elton's real music, but at the same time I thought it was pretty impressive what Taron pulls off.
did you watch Yesterday.. It was pretty good....

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Juno
disliked the characters and the actors that played the characters, despite the "Iowa" connection. It is like Jon Stewart was a virus.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Ad Astra. So boring.

I watched this on a plane about a month ago. I didn't mind the plot, but...

...did it have to be his Dad he was chasing after? The family dynamic took what could have been an interesting movie and made it sappy and stupid.

It also could have been about an hour shorter.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyclone618