Are you still working?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Still working, I am in sales in the landscape business. So its been slow but I could chalk that up to the weather as well.

Reactions: cdnlngld

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I’m a restaurant manager and I don’t expect to be at work until end of summer. Filed for unemployment on Sunday. Gonna be a long summer.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I was hoping that take out/delivery would help keep some of these restaurants up and running for at least a while. Does your place do this?

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I'm so sorry to hear this. I was hoping that take out/delivery would help keep some of these restaurants up and running for at least a while. Does your place do this?

Not enough for us to stay open. We are an upscale seafood restaurant, so there aren’t a lot of people who want to come and do carry out from us. There’s no conventions until at least May, there are no theaters for weeks and the high rise we are in, all the companies are working from home. The governor mandated all restaurants close until March 30th but there’s no way that doesn’t get extended.

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Anesthesiologist. Obviously still working. Huge reduction in cases (all elective cases canceled) but much more concerning work environment. Lots of uncertainty on how to best minimize exposure to ourselves and other healthcare workers, especially with limited supply of personal protection equipment

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I'm working from home until April 6th at least. The guys tied to operations are still in the same routine for now. Apparently building tractors is a matter of national security so the factory isn't shutting down as long as they can get parts.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I’m a restaurant manager and I don’t expect to be at work until end of summer. Filed for unemployment on Sunday. Gonna be a long summer.

If you are desperate, try BWW. Ordered online at 5:30 last night, for pickup at 6:20. Got my food at 7:15. They appeared to have 4 people working - one at counter, two in back cooking, one manager trying to stay on top of it.

Also, what is the point of having the dining room closed when there are 35 people (I counted) standing in line in close proximity? Ridiculous. Everyone was looking around nervously wondering what they should do.

This was CR southwest side.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Procurement and contracting for a utility company and we just started working from home in shifts. Three different groups, working one week in the office and two at home. They set us up in such a way that we'd be as spread out as possible in the office, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually just tell everyone to stay home.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Yes, I was already a full time remote employee. Company mandated last week that anyone capable of working remote should work remote until further notice.

I'm cautiously optimistic that large offices sending everyone to work remote and schools shutting down will lower the spread as these are two ideal spots for the virus to spread. Stopping air travel is probably a good next step.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
If you are desperate, try BWW. Ordered online at 5:30 last night, for pickup at 6:20. Got my food at 7:15. They appeared to have 4 people working - one at counter, two in back cooking, one manager trying to stay on top of it.

Also, what is the point of having the dining room closed when there are 35 people (I counted) standing in line in close proximity? Ridiculous. Everyone was looking around nervously wondering what they should do.

This was CR southwest side.

Your first mistake was ordering BWW.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Just got the update that our work from home mandate has been extended to April 6. Probably not the last extension notice we will be getting.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Industrial Engineer for a garage door manufacturing company. I found out our business is essential in safety and security for both home and business so we get to stay working. We are taking a lot of steps for cleaning and social distancing. People who can work from home are allowed to.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Had today off. Found out we got our laptops to work from home set up, so I'll have to go in on Monday for that, so I'm slightly annoyed as I would have come in had I known the laptops came today. After Monday though, I'll be working from home so happy about that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron