Terrence Lewis transferring

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My opinion is that TL is a very talented player that our coaches did a very poor job of coaching him.

Man, I don't think that statement is a fair one to make. NOBODY outside of the program has any clue what all went down with TL but I would be willing to wager there is a hell of a lot more to the story.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

OtisMyMan

May 3, 2013
Isn't the point that a coaching staff brings in young players and then, under your tutelage, they get better year by year? This staff seems to be doing just the opposite. They bring in kids that don't improve that much and then they leave early. No way to build or maintain a program.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Isn't the point that a coaching staff brings in young players and then, under your tutelage, they get better year by year? This staff seems to be doing just the opposite. They bring in kids that don't improve that much and then they leave early. No way to build or maintain a program.

Well, I guess for every Lindell Wigginton there is a Caleb Grill. And for every Talen Horton Tucker there is a Zion Griffin. And for every Tyrese Haliburton there is a Terrence Lewis. Or were those three going to be one and done/early out pro's and/or lotto picks with or without Prohm?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Well, I guess for every Lindell Wigginton there is a Caleb Grill. And for every Talen Horton Tucker there is a Zion Griffin. And for every Tyrese Haliburton there is a Terrence Lewis. Or were those three going to be one and done/early out pro's and/or lotto picks with or without Prohm?
Yes, they were

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I would like to see that game. Too bad Iowa won't play them. Iowa might start the season top 10, but they won't finish it top 10.

In a given game, who knows, but Iowa loses almost nothing from a really good team while UNI loses two starters. If Bohannon comes back and McCaffery gets his health figured out, they will be loaded.

• Agree
Reactions: ISC

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Man, I don't think that statement is a fair one to make. NOBODY outside of the program has any clue what all went down with TL but I would be willing to wager there is a hell of a lot more to the story.

Listen, I'm not going to judge a coach based on one instance of not being able to get a guy to buy in. The problem is it's not just Lewis. It's Lewis, Grill, Griffin, Lard, Leech, THT (to an extent), and McKay. Each one of them we could pass of as not the coaches fault but that's 6 guys in two years. I could also give a partial pass if the rest of the team looked to be super bought in and accountable but that's not the case either. I'd say that only Young and Jackson, this year were consistent in their attitude and effort. There's a disconnect somewhere. My opinion is that Prohm is in no mans land where he wants to be an authority figure and also a players coach. That doesn't work. You are either Fred or you're Eustachy because as soon as you aren't consistent, and I don't think Prohm is, guys not only don't trust you, they also don't know what you want.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
One could make a case Stalin or Mao (or even Tamerlane or Genghis Khan) had a higher body count. Guys like Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar probably had a higher % impact relative to pre-invasion populations, if that counts. Probably the worst were the Spanish conquistadors in the New World, but they had smallpox helping.

I always find it fascinating that Hitler is the de-facto worst person ever when Stalin existed. I'd like to know how that came about.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I always find it fascinating that Hitler is the de-facto worst person ever when Stalin existed. I'd like to know how that came about.

History is written by the winners -- and the uncomfortable and extensive military and material support given to Stalin by the Western Allies in the 1940s. I doubt Americans collectively want to talk about how they took the side of the worst guy -- just the second-worst guy, but at least it was against the worst guy and hence the ends justified the means. Right?

...Right?

The various "elites" of American and Western European society always had way more of a soft spot for left-wing authoritarianism than right-wing authoritarianism.

The New York Times' Moscow correspondent won a Pulitzer Award (and long since revoked, thank goodness for that) for denying the Ukrainian genocide in 1932 --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Duranty

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019
Des Moines
I still think Lewis should have started all year, and was probably the best player on our team(Outside of Halliburton). Prohm wouldn't play him, so he is out. I don't blame him. He should go to UNI next year, and they will be by far the best team in our state. People like to blame his defense, everyone on our team sucked at defense, so that is BS. He showed his ability to get buckets when given the time on the floor, and we desperately needed that this season. I hope he scores 20+ next year and becomes an NBA Player so it will be obvious that Prohm has no idea what he is doing.

I was in the “play Lewis more” camp for a long stretch of the season but what you just said is asinine. Yes, the team as a whole was bad on defense but his defense was an eyesore. Do you know how hard it is to stand out as a bad defender on a bad defensive team? At this part of his career his biggest concern should be finding a program that can either improve his defense or be able to camouflage him enough so he can send to scouts overseas.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I was in the “play Lewis more” camp for a long stretch of the season but what you just said is asinine. Yes, the team as a whole was bad on defense but his defense was an eyesore. Do you know how hard it is to stand out as a bad defender on a bad defensive team? At this part of his career his biggest concern should be finding a program that can either improve his defense or be able to camouflage him enough so he can send to scouts overseas.
Lewis needs to go to a team that plays a lot of zone defense. Blows my mind how bad he was in man to man defense. You would think someone with his athleticism he could stay in front of most D1 players.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
OK, so who is the one since you are calling your shot?
I honestly think there are no more. Either bad original info. or changed info. I hope this post didn't jinx anything. I wouldn't bet either way, and I bet on anything.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lewis needs to go to a team that plays a lot of zone defense. Blows my mind how bad he was in man to man defense. You would think someone with his athleticism he could stay in front of most D1 players.

He was so bad players would call for the ball when they had him on them.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
TL's defense was so bad. How bad was it? If it was a Kleenex, it couldn't stop a booger. I'll see myself out.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
TL's defense was so bad. How bad was it? If it was a Kleenex, it couldn't stop a bugger. I'll see myself out.

Do you mean booger? I do not recommend looking up the definition of bugger.