INSIDER: Three grad transfers that Iowa State is targeting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
right now Prohm is sitting at the bar at 1.56 am looking for whatever he can get. He isn't going to get his first, second, third or fourth pick. He might have a chance with the friendasorous, but he should just be happy someone talks to him at this point.
The season ended prematurely a week ago lol. This analogy miserably fails at the moment.

CycloneTJS

Jan 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
3 small guards that combined for ~30 pts per game, with most of those points in the Ivy League and against lesser competition....Praying these were randoms that CW was reporting on and not the top of the list....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
3 small guards that combined for ~30 pts per game, with most of those points in the Ivy League and against lesser competition....Praying these were randoms that CW was reporting on and not the top of the list....
Harvard actually is actually a really good school for basketball, and Aiken is an absolute stud.

https://247sports.com/Article/Bryce-Aiken-Harvard-transfer-college-basketball--145163813/

We may not get him but read this article and maybe it'll change your perspective.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
The season ended prematurely a week ago lol. This analogy miserably fails at the moment.

This season was over a lot longer than a week ago. Sorry, ill try another one you AG nerds can understand:

He can't find anyone new, so he is going to have to go home to his small town after college and talk himself into marrying the chick from high school he finger blasted in the back of an 88 Chevy after a football game. She smokes a pack a day, buys bottom level booze, once did some stuff with his cousin, works hourly at Dairy Queen and has opinions on " the minorities in the apartment over there"

That one didn't work either, what I'm saying is, Prohm isn't going to be able to just get whomever he wants. The player is going to have to want to come here, and other than immediate playing time, what can he offer?

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
Mods, it seems time to split these threads into "Fire Prohm Now and everything sucks" and "It's very rocky, but let's see what we can do next year". That way, those who want to crap on everything that arises, can vent in the "Fire...Now" thread and those with balanced viewpoints can chime in on the "Let's see" thread.

Seriously, folks, it's pretty clear to all that Prohm is on the ledge and needs to have a good year next year. Why come here and just crap on everything that comes up? I can't imagine a transfer that would satisfy most of those posting like this - maybe just leave it alone for awhile. We know you want Prohm fired, and there's a good chance it will happen next year. Then, you can come and celebrate all you want. Must you gripe about it over and over and over and over...? If you think it's actually going to affect JP's decision, just directly go to him and let the rest of us be.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This season was over a lot longer than a week ago. Sorry, ill try another one you AG nerds can understand:

He can't find anyone new, so he is going to have to go home to his small town after college and talk himself into marrying the chick from high school he finger blasted in the back of an 88 Chevy after a football game. She smokes a pack a day, buys bottom level booze, once did some stuff with his cousin, works hourly at Dairy Queen and has opinions on " the minorities in the apartment over there"

That one didn't work either, what I'm saying is, Prohm isn't going to be able to just get whomever he wants. The player is going to have to want to come here, and other than immediate playing time, what can he offer?
The first bolded part doesn't apply to me whatsoever but isn't really nice at all lol. I see this is really upsetting you.

And for the second part, idk I mean Prohm will now have put 4 guys into the league in the last two years, one of them being a probable lottery pick. You get to play in one of the best arenas in the nation and will have an opportunity to compete against some of the best competition on a nightly basis.

Also, even though the season for us was over a lot longer ago, it wasn't for most of these players who are now putting their names on the market. Prohm can't just put out flyers to players who are currently on teams.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
You have to keep in mind that this player if he transfers here prohm is going to start him even if he stinks up Hilton.. hope for the one with the most to offer.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
The first bolded part doesn't apply to me whatsoever but isn't really nice at all lol. I see this is really upsetting you.

And for the second part, idk I mean Prohm will now have put 4 guys into the league in the last two years, one of them being a probable lottery pick. You get to play in one of the best arenas in the nation and will have an opportunity to compete against some of the best competition on a nightly basis.

Also, even though the season for us was over a lot longer ago, it wasn't for most of these players who are now putting their names on the market. Prohm can't just put out flyers to players who are currently on teams.

I'm not upset, I just think it is ridiculous that people think we will get the 3 best grad transfers on the market because we want them. He put 4 guys in the league, but made it past the first weekend once. It used to be one of the best arenas in the nation, but Aww Shucks Steve has sucked the life out of that place. Competing against the best competition isn't that awesome when you are losing by 20+ on a regular basis.

Also, everyone new that Griffin and Lewis were leaving months ago, you don't think that happens at every school? D1 CBB is a pretty small fraternity, people have a pretty good idea of who will be leaving by Jan/Feb. Players have handlers for a reason.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Things have not really changed. We don't need the best players.....we play in the Big 12. We don't need defenders. No one plays defense in this league in either bball or football.

Coach P got Xavier because he said "You will start". Fadin' Fran wasn't going to tell him that.

The BlueBloods took our program away when they chanced on the best transfers.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm not upset, I just think it is ridiculous that people think we will get the 3 best grad transfers on the market because we want them. He put 4 guys in the league, but made it past the first weekend once. It used to be one of the best arenas in the nation, but Aww Shucks Steve has sucked the life out of that place. Competing against the best competition isn't that awesome when you are losing by 20+ on a regular basis.

Also, everyone new that Griffin and Lewis were leaving months ago, you don't think that happens at every school? D1 CBB is a pretty small fraternity, people have a pretty good idea of who will be leaving by Jan/Feb. Players have handlers for a reason.
Soooo what's your point here? Steve should already have signed guys? A day / two days after our guys have left? Before any of these players have had opportunities to evaluate where they would like to go?

Are you mad Steve is going after good players? Should he be going after bad ones that no one else wants?

Oh I know what he should do! He should bring in a solid recruiting class, like you know the one he's literally bringing in next year.

Reactions: isutrevman

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Things have not really changed. We don't need the best players.....we play in the Big 12. We don't need defenders. No one plays defense in this league in either bball or football.

Coach P got Xavier because he said "You will start". Fadin' Fran wasn't going to tell him that.

The BlueBloods took our program away when they chanced on the best transfers.
The Big 12 had 4 of the best defenses in the entire nation last year in basketball. Lol

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
The people, like you, that are still supporting this program with Prohm in charge are part of the problem.
It's people like you that make every topic on here involving basketball the last 2 years so unbearable to talk about. We get it you hate Prohm and want him gone. Same story different day. The reality is that's not gonna happen at least for a year. So why can't we focus on how the roster can get better instead of talking about how much you want Prohm gone? I'm going to support the program no matter who the Coach is because I bleed Cardinal and Gold. If you're not like that you are part of the problem.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron