Terrence Lewis transferring

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I still think Lewis should have started all year, and was probably the best player on our team(Outside of Halliburton). Prohm wouldn't play him, so he is out. I don't blame him. He should go to UNI next year, and they will be by far the best team in our state. People like to blame his defense, everyone on our team sucked at defense, so that is BS. He showed his ability to get buckets when given the time on the floor, and we desperately needed that this season. I hope he scores 20+ next year and becomes an NBA Player so it will be obvious that Prohm has no idea what he is doing.
Lol Iowa will prob be top 10

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I still think Lewis should have started all year, and was probably the best player on our team(Outside of Halliburton). Prohm wouldn't play him, so he is out. I don't blame him. He should go to UNI next year, and they will be by far the best team in our state. People like to blame his defense, everyone on our team sucked at defense, so that is BS. He showed his ability to get buckets when given the time on the floor, and we desperately needed that this season. I hope he scores 20+ next year and becomes an NBA Player so it will be obvious that Prohm has no idea what he is doing.

If you think anyone in the state is going to be as good as Iowa, or even close, you're nuts.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Literally hitler

One could make a case Stalin or Mao (or even Tamerlane or Genghis Khan) had a higher body count. Guys like Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar probably had a higher % impact relative to pre-invasion populations, if that counts. Probably the worst were the Spanish conquistadors in the New World, but they had smallpox helping.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
I think you're getting lost in the trees in your (well-supported) anger over the forest... Despite the legend that TL seems to have become to some (not necessarily to you), he really did have holes in his game. And, if you step back, do you really think Prohm purposely held him out while we stunk up the season?

In the bigger picture, I tired of Prohm constantly stressing the need for D & toughness and then not doing anything about it in re: to playing time --> when guys don't walk the walk, sit them. Instead, he rarely backed it up, and, there were plenty of opportunities to sit guys for lack of D/toughness/effort. I don't know if Prohm became prisoner of his recruiting misses, but he got himself in a box where he wouldn't require guys to do on the court what he was saying was needed. That's a recipe for failure. You could argue that TL was one of the few who he held to such a standard, and I'd probably agree with that. As to why, maybe he gave less effort in practice, I don't know. If Prohm doesn't get his PT approach straightened out going forward, I don't know how he thinks things will change. Obviously, more talent will help, but it'll take more than that.

• Agree
Reactions: Baseline23

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
Terrence had limited ability when on the floor. He had some nice things he could do, but for being a "good shooter" he shot 30% from the 3. He constantly was in the wrong spot which threw off the flow, and on the defensive end couldn't guard his man and didn't understand help side defense at all.

He also was a huge liability when the ball was in his hands, having a 1:2 assist to turnover ratio (49 turnovers to just 24 assists) in his entire career.
My opinion is that TL is a very talented player that our coaches did a very poor job of coaching him.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Since someone is apparently challenging you on years watching, I'll add that I've been watching for a couple decades more, and we bottom 5 teams were total trash.

In a normal Big 12, we're a 6-8 win team.
6 wins?? Lol you're assuming in a regular Big 12 we would probably lose every game??
The 2017-2018 season the Big 12 was really good, we were not good, and yet we still won 4 games In the conference.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
6 wins?? Lol you're assuming in a regular Big 12 we would probably lose every game??
The 2017-2018 season the Big 12 was really good, we were not good, and yet we still won 4 games In the conference.
I think in the Big 12 two years ago we would have gone 2-16 with this team. Yes, I this years team was noticeably worse.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: xboxfever and isu83

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
We would rather fire our failure of a head coach than watch this dumpster fire blaze on into the foreseeable future.
Neither you, I, or anyone else here, has the power to do that, so other than that, what would you like to see this offseason, and next basketball season?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

The Prohm part is obvious, but watching Lewis out there made it really obvious that he didn't know what to do.
Beat player? No way.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I know we didn't go after him extremely hard, but he has to be our best local option.

Just curious .... has anybody heard anything on this guy? Will he be a done deal for iowa now?
Sorry if discussed elsewhere.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think in the Big 12 two years ago we would have gone 2-16 with this team. Yes, I this years team was noticeably worse.
With or without Halliburton? Or also without Bolton for that matter? I mean without either of them I would agree with that but I still think we're getting 4 wins with those two healthy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

If true, that is only a testament to how good the Big 12 was then.

Not how bad it is now.

Coming down from the mountaintop can still leave you in some high places.

You can say this is the worst the conference has been in the past five years and be within a reasonable range. But you said this was the worst it has been "ever" or at least in the past 18 years or so since you started watching it, which is a comically bad take.

KenPom equals everything. College basketball is also down from 2 years ago.

You really do not understand how these rankings work, do you?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Ya gotta be shi$$ing me!

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy