How does Javon Johnson look?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Just saying I watch more than just big 12. Then again, you watch practice so that means more than actually seeing him play in COLLEGE. I get it. If I am being Honest I think he get's maybe 15 minutes a game next year. I think Zion plays more of a big roll than Johnson. Hope I am wrong. Just don't see how you guys see a player who average 10 and 4 at a last place team in a horrible Sun Belt league, suddenly steps his game up so much. It makes no sense.

Say what you want about Prohm, but guys can put up big numbers in his offense when he gets it figured out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That is a pretty big ask and you seem to be drinking way to much Kool Aid. He is a decent player. Not a 10 and 4 in a major conference guy. He will fill a Talley type roll on the team.

To be fair he was 100% correct on Shayok. I trust him. 10 and 5 would be great but we need a lot more than that.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Well Nadar played in the Mid-American so last time I checked that wasn’t Power 5. Scotty C. averaged 1.3 points his Fr. year at Marquette. Burton averaged 6.9 and 6.4 points respectively his first two years at Marquette. Nick Babb averaged 0.7 points his Fr. year at Arkansas.

yes and all were recruited highly out of high school for a reason

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Aside from highlights I haven't watched him at all and have not made any predictions on his production next year. I find it stupid to be down on somebody you haven't watched in practice here or his games at his previous stop.

Same can be said for those who think he'll be really good without seeing him play. I'm with you, idk what his impact will be but I'd be surprised if he wasn't starting. On paper, he checks some boxes we've been missing.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Same can be said for those who think he'll be really good without seeing him play. I'm with you, idk what his impact will be but I'd be surprised if he wasn't starting. On paper, he checks some boxes we've been missing.

But Twins has watched him in practice while Knownothing hasn't watched him which is what I was referring to.

Reactions: heitclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I thought we were talking about previous success at Power 5 schools now we are talking about being recruited highly out of high school. Tough to keep it straight.
tenor.gif

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I'd be surprised if he's still here, frankly. Just seems like a situation that would benefit from a change in scenery.

Yeah, I would expect Griffin and TLew to transfer out. A change of scenery would probably help them both. JJ has a skill set that no one on the team has outside of Griffin...big wing that can guard multiple positions and play stretch 4. I’d expect something like 8 and 4 out of him next season.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
It would be to keep expectations tempered. I've seen numbers thrown around on this thread about statistical expectations from him being 8 and 4. While that would be great, I'd consider that at the highest end of the spectrum for him, for next year

With Lewis and Griffin gone, his PT should increase, so 8 and may be an underestimate. I don't expect any of the freshmen to cut into the starting lineup, though it would be a nice surprise if one of them did.

clone4good

Oct 27, 2009
I saw this guy out a couple times and was like “is this guy seriously what we recruit?” Toothpick thin. I literally expect nothing from him. He didn’t put up good numbers at troy and now he’s living the life at a p5 school. So I see why he’s not in any sit out rankings per ESPN

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I saw this guy out a couple times and was like “is this guy seriously what we recruit?” Toothpick thin. I literally expect nothing from him. He didn’t put up good numbers at troy and now he’s living the life at a p5 school. So I see why he’s not in any sit out rankings per ESPN

Not saying he’s going to be the leading scoring, but this isn’t football. There’s a lot of good NBA players that aren’t built like a linebacker. I’d say reserve judgement on a kid until he plays in an Iowa State uniform.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

I don't the rail thin thing. Haliburton isn't exactly Hulk Hogan. However, the guy did Ok at a non power 5 and now all the sudden he is supposed to come into the big 12 and go off or something. I don't understand what people are thinking.

Reactions: Halincandenza

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm projecting 20 and 10. I know, I know, crazy.

But with the pace we're on, my guess is the he will be 1 of 4 players eligible to play for Iowa State on the court, and we'll have to get points somewhere

Reactions: Halincandenza

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I mean Tyrese Haliburton, Diante Garrett, and Rashan Clark were all physical specimens as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron