***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Just my opinion, but I don't believe Steve is going to recruit solely with next year in mind, as he's just not that kind of short term guy. So I wouldn't be surprised if he does take at least one sit out.
I am not certain how to characterize him anymore.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
That right there is the reason he won't be going to Iowa.

My first thought was Nebraska. But then I remembered they play in the same conference and I don't think he wants that. I think we have a real shot here.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
No one else in ISU history is since McGee shot about 46% from 3 and led the nation in shooting his SENIOR year. However, you are also comparing a true freshman to a senior, so a bit premature to make any type of valid comparison at this point.

A more valid comparison is McGee's junior year when he shot 39% from 3. (Also keep in mind that the 3-pt line from which Jackson is shooting is farther back vs in McGee's years.) In the latter part of the season, Jackson shot close to 40%. So, it's possible Jackson could become as reliable of a 3-pt shooter a McGee. Time will tell.
Tyrus and Tre just isn't a good comparable. They are, and will be, much different players.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Anybody have any info on if we’re going to target Carton? I’d imagine we at least have a chance since we were in his top 6, but also know that it sounded like we never recruited him very hard originally?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Anybody have any info on if we’re going to target Carton? I’d imagine we at least have a chance since we were in his top 6, but also know that it sounded like we never recruited him very hard originally?

I'm not thinking we will have a shot. Marquette or Wisconsin probably

• Informative
Reactions: ZZZ

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I would think Carton's recruitment will be impacted by his mental health issues while at OSU and what were the root cause(s):distance from home, academics, etc? He might be great jumping to another P5 school. But maybe he will look for another learning environment- a Bradley/Drake type school.

I would love to have him at ISU- from what I saw he could be our starting PG and has the length to give backcourt flexibility.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Not going to be easy:

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 7m7 minutes ago

Pitt transfer Trey McGowens is receiving interest from the following schools, per his father: Wichita State Ole Miss Arkansas Illinois Nebraska TCU DePaul Xavier South Carolina GT Georgia Seton Hall Iowa State USC Loyola-Chicago UConn ASU Butler Georgetown