Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My parents are neighbors with the owner of Wallaby’s. He said ISU graduation is one of their biggest days. ☹️ Same for Dublin Bay, the mandate to close restaurants came on St.Patricks Day, one of their busiest days plus the loss of ISU graduation.

We are technically still on spring break so we have not set up a new “routine” yet. Hubby always works from home, so that adjustment is not new. And thankfully we upgraded our internet a month or so ago or I would have to do any “teaching” Little House on the Prairie style.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
My parents are neighbors with the owner of Wallaby’s. He said ISU graduation is one of their biggest days. ☹️ Same for Dublin Bay, the mandate to close restaurants came on St.Patricks Day, one of their busiest days plus the loss of ISU graduation.

We are technically still on spring break so we have not set up a new “routine” yet. Hubby always works from home, so that adjustment is not new. And thankfully we upgraded our internet a month or so ago or I would have to do any “teaching” Little House on the Prairie style.
Caveman Math.jpg

Reactions: BCClone

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Also, got my new glasses today. I must have adjusted to life with no glasses better than expected, because my eyes and head hurt shortly after getting them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I know a decent amount of people in the service industry that are getting hit hard. I've checked on a few the last few days to see how they are. One has 4 large dogs, two are supposed to be foster but she's had them so long they are hers and the group she was fostering for doesn't do anything for her. So I know she goes through a lot of dog food.

• Friendly
Reactions: dirtyninety

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I know a decent amount of people in the service industry that are getting hit hard. I've checked on a few the last few days to see how they are. One has 4 large dogs, two are supposed to be foster but she's had them so long they are hers and the group she was fostering for doesn't do anything for her. So I know she goes through a lot of dog food.

I went to Costco yesterday. Guy in front of me had two large bags of dog food and they told him he could only get one. He said he was needing them because he fosters dogs, but he was told the register wouldn't allow them to do them on the same purchase. He asked if he could do them in two purchases and was told no again.

I told them to put the bag on my purchase. Some common sense needed to occur.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I went to Costco yesterday. Guy in front of me had two large bags of dog food and they told him he could only get one. He said he was needing them because he fosters dogs, but he was told the register wouldn't allow them to do them on the same purchase. He asked if he could do them in two purchases and was told no again.

I told them to put the bag on my purchase. Some common sense needed to occur.
I was on the Costco website and noticed dog food was limited to one bag per customer. Unfortunately I can understand with all the hoarding going on. As I said this past weekend I saw a woman with six 12 packs of TP at Kroger. That's completely unnecessary.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Kroger has pork loin for .99 and chicken legs, thighs or whole for .88

I could smoke a pork loin this weekend or make a batch of chicken soup.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My sister (single mom of two) just got laid off from Marriott. She is the one in our family least able to absorb a hit like this.

Stupid virus.

is she able to get unemployment? Someone on Twitter said when they were laid off from there it just showed a zero hour schedule (like they were still employed, just had zero hours). So then they weren’t technically unemployed. Same kind of thing has happened to a friend. They teach driver’s ed but aren’t allowed to teach classes at the moment. Supposedly they can still drive one-on-one with kids if both parties agree. But he is diabetic and in a higher risk category so he isn’t going to chance it. But no unemployment since he “could” work.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Tomorrow we cut the cord with DirecTV. I have been with them for 15 years - I started because I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket package, which is proprietary with them - but I've had enough. It's not worth calling every so often and ******** so they will lower our bill, or give us perks that new subscribers get.

We're going with YouTubeTV.....it'll be nice to pay less than 1/3 of what we were paying to get television programming.

• Winner
Reactions: wxman1 and cycloneG

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm starting to think the worst part of this is getting on Facebook and seeing some of the stupid stuff people are sharing now that they have nothing better to do.

Just like this social distancing thing is fine by me, not being on FB is not a hard adjustment.

CF I guess isn't exactly healthy but it's better than the full range of stuff out there.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randoms:

Poopie rainy icky today so would have stayed inside anyway.

My case of wine from Total Wine was delivered. Did not have to sign, FedX going no touchy.

Did taxes. Owe $2000. Not sure how I messed up the withholding. Was spot on last year.

Continuing my unscientific exploration of the medicinal properties of Hershey's Chocolate Kisses as it applies to COVID-19 resistance. Dosage is up to about 12 so far today.

Did I mention poopie rainy icky?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I hate it when something on the internet wants you to create an account so you can buy something from them and then you need to respond to an email that never comes.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Randoms:

Poopie rainy icky today so would have stayed inside anyway.

My case of wine from Total Wine was delivered. Did not have to sign, FedX going no touchy.

Did taxes. Owe $2000. Not sure how I messed up the withholding. Was spot on last year.

Continuing my unscientific exploration of the medicinal properties of Hershey's Chocolate Kisses as it applies to COVID-19 resistance. Dosage is up to about 12 so far today.

Did I mention poopie rainy icky?

I'm glad I've gotten rid of any candy I had.

Just takes one piece and then it's sugar coma.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I'm starting to think the worst part of this is getting on Facebook and seeing some of the stupid stuff people are sharing now that they have nothing better to do.

I made the mistake of signing on today....haven't signed on for a couple of months. Made me sad with some people ******** about the usual and predictable subject matter.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Daycare- who said last friday it would take something like a national shutdown to close......closed for six weeks :eek::eek::eek:

We had already pulled LM but just wow. They are national so lots of little ones out. Sounds like some places pivoting to providing care for healthcare and such. I imagine ours will be one. Somehow, it feels even more serious now. Crazy how much has changed in 9 days. I won't lie and say the idea of doing this whole wfh andnparent thing for six weeks at least isnt scary. Plus I worry about when things restart and how bad separation anxiety will be. First world things I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron