Favorite Cyclone Football Memory?

CYdways432

Jan 22, 2015
Cedar Rapids
In an attempt to bring up some positive news. What's everyone's favorite cyclone football memory or experience?

Top 3 currently are

1. 2017 TCU game, I know it wasn't a sell out but the tailgating / atmosphere that game was awesome.

2. Alamo Bowl Trip, the Cyclone take over at the River Walk, The pep rallys with massive crowds was awesome.I know the game wasn't the outcome we wanted but overall still a fantastic trip.

3. 2011 Oklahoma State game, just watching the fans not give up hope after going down early then on side kick was still such a crazy call. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Lets blow this thread up with some positive memories!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Similar to yours (all in-person experiences):

1. 2011 Oklahoma State game. Junior year of college, Friday before break, just an unforgettable night.

2. 2018 WV game. Just so much fun to see us dominate, debut of the black uniforms, electric atmosphere.

3. 2017 TCU. I can’t remember an atmosphere in and around JTS that was so consistently electric and fun before, during and after the game.

4. 2002 Texas Tech. Last time we were in the Top 10, Seneca was a legitimate Heisman contender, a lot of buzz around the game. I think I yelled “what are you doing??” when Seneca retreated back to the 30 at the beginning of the run. Still couldn’t quite believe it even as he was running into the end zone.

5. 2011 Iowa. Only CyHawk win I’ve seen in person at JTS (grr), junior year of college. We were all on pins and needles through the 4th quarter and OT only to see clutch play after clutch play. From the student section upper deck we saw White had the corner as soon as he took the pitch and just erupted.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Defintely 2011 Okie St. Jack Trice was literally shaking. We went home and watched the replay on ESPN (or whatever) again.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
My favorite is probably the 2018 West Virginia game. That was pretty much a big party from start to finish aside from a blocked field goal. The flashlights were pretty awesome that night.

TCU 2017 was fun too, but a lot bounced Iowa State's way in that game with less domination.

Hard to beat the 2011 OSU game.

No particular order here

Streaming a bootleg of the 2010 game vs texas was fun to watch. Finding the youtube video of a texas fan who does reviews of games afterward melt down was a nice bonus.

2011 cy hawk game

Deciding to go to the 2014 CyHawk game in Iowa City on a whim with the person beside me in class the day before the game was a fun time.

Travelling to the bowl games over the recent years has been enjoyable. My football travelling friend has been banned from booking hotels though after he got us a Super 8 in Memphis. Still surprised we didnt catch anything there.

A bad pass on fake field goal in 2010 prevents another from this list. But, this will never get old.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
All of the ones so far are pretty obvious. So let's go with a lesser one-- Iowa @ ISU, November 2011. The 9/11 attacks forced postponement of the game to later in the season. Good guys take a 14-0 lead into the half, Hawks tie it up 14-14 going into the fourth. We score the only 3 points the rest of the way to hold on to a 17-14 win.

Tough hard fought game where we won the turnover battle. Despite the circumstances, I loved that we played our in-state rival at the end of the year. I wish it was that way every year.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Todd Doxzon right for 2 yards, Todd Doxzon up the middle for no gain, Todd Doxzon right for 1 yard, punt

That sequence really brings me back

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
In person: 2011 OSU game, 2005 Iowa game, 2018 WVU game, 2011 Iowa game

On TV: 2017 OU game, 2017 TCU game, 2009 Nebraska game, 2010 Texas game

• Winner
Reactions: cyfan21

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
1976 Nebraska - Luther Blue
1978 Iowa - Walter Grant
1980 Iowa - Dwayne Crutchfield
2000 Insight Bowl
1992 Nebraska -Marv Seiler
2002 Nebraska - Seneca Wallace
2000 Missouri to get to six wins and a bowl bid - Sage Rosenfels

Reactions: CTTB78

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Similar to yours (all in-person experiences):

1. 2011 Oklahoma State game. Junior year of college, Friday before break, just an unforgettable night.

2. 2018 WV game. Just so much fun to see us dominate, debut of the black uniforms, electric atmosphere.

3. 2017 TCU. I can’t remember an atmosphere in and around JTS that was so consistently electric and fun before, during and after the game.

4. 2002 Texas Tech. Last time we were in the Top 10, Seneca was a legitimate Heisman contender, a lot of buzz around the game. I think I yelled “what are you doing??” when Seneca retreated back to the 30 at the beginning of the run. Still couldn’t quite believe it even as he was running into the end zone.

5. 2011 Iowa. Only CyHawk win I’ve seen in person at JTS (grr), junior year of college. We were all on pins and needles through the 4th quarter and OT only to see clutch play after clutch play. From the student section upper deck we saw White had the corner as soon as he took the pitch and just erupted.

I think the TCU game might be my favorite recently anyway. It showed that the OU game wasn't flukey, and it was also a really good game overall.

I watched the 2011 OSU game on my bday with a bunch of friends, none of them ISU fans, or even familiar with why it was so profound. They still tell me they don't know why I was so excited.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
1976 Nebraska game. Standing on the sidelines toward the end of the game taunting the big bad Huskers. Several plays in a row the Fuskers run end run plays into the sidelines and those pesky Iowa State fans. After the game Osborne said they were bothered by the Iowa State crowd- 'bedlam' he called it.
The next year the Cyclones beat em again but can't blame the crowd. Earle Bruce and the Cyclones leave a message in the visitor locker room board--"Some fluke, beat Oklahoma."

• Disagree
Reactions: Lyon309Cy