Survivor: Winners at War

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The one thing I have noticed too is when an old school player gets voted out they usually are gifting their fire tokens or advantages they win on extinction to another old school player they have some kind of prior relationship with. To me that kind of shows you where their alliances might fall once they merge which has to be coming up really soon if not next week with 12 people left. They have mentioned several times including last night at 1 tribal this seems to be a season about pre-existing relationships both in and outside of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wonder how that pans out though when they get down to eating their own? Do the outside relationships survive? I mean, pretty sure Rob & Amber will. But Michelle & Wendell - damn, she was optimistic thinking he was going to roll over for a belly rub...

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Personally I am kinda rooting for Denise. Back in the early 90's she was dating my brother's roommate at ISU. She was super nice to me and she is super cool today.

Good move Denise!!! Rock it!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Hubby pointed out that she knew Jeremy was going to vote for her, so maybe it was a "you owe me now" type thing. Some of those idols have time limits too...iirc...

Haha yeah wifey pointed out the same thing. But full disclosure, wifey and Denise were friends back in HS and still stay in touch, so I think she's going to have Denise's back no matter what move she makes.

I just hope it works, I could still see Jeremy stabbing her in the back regardless of this move. Hope not.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Sandra has just been too almighty cocky since her first win. She took her self-proclaimed queen status WAY too seriously.

I mean there is something to be said for winning twice but yeah....she rested on her laurels a bit too long here.

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Sandra has just been too almighty cocky since her first win. She took her self-proclaimed queen status WAY too seriously.

Yup, she has never been a player I have ever liked because of that too. As soon as Sandra gave her that idol I told the wife she better use that to vote Sandra out now. She saved herself a fire token too by saying she would give her the 2nd one after tribal so another smart play.

People I see that will have issues coming up at a merge will be Adam who basically has put himself on his own island on his own by trying to be a double agent, Tony who can make people paranoid with his behavior that he is not trustworthy, probably Michele and Kim who leaned too much on Parvarti and are kind of free agents at this point, and maybe Jeremy if he doesn't stab Denise in the back again. Starting to see a few tighter groups of 3 form in Sara, Ben, and Sophie and Yul, Wendell and Nick I think. If they merge at 12 (next episode) or 11 then Denise and Jeremy could potentially try to partner up with 1 of those 3 then bring in a 6th or 7th person out of Tony, Kim, Michele, and Adam who may all be desperate to find an alliance at that point.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I might be in the minority here, but I’m not a Denise fan. Despite that, the move she pulled last night was legendary

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah sometime post merge is my guess then they are just part of the jury after that. No one really knows what the fire tokens will mean yet for those voted out so it will be interesting to see if the more you have the better advantage you get with the challenge or like Tyson did by buying some peanut butter that you maybe should have been spending them while you were out there all along. Just another way this season has been very entertaining so far because there is still a lot of unknowns and possibilities left for some great gameplay moments to happen.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Boston rob finding three fire tokens was funny TV.

props to Sandra on her retirement. She was in the Michael Jordan with the Wizards part of her Survivor career. Easily first ballot HOF.

there is just something about Sophie’s face that annoys me. She is the one person I really don’t want to win.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
My heart hurt while watching Yul get out. Such a pure hearted guy. Hurts even more having seen Wendell be an ass of late...

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Biggest reason I was excited for this season was to see the old school players. Not nearly as interested with them sitting on the edge.