Caleb Grill Transferring

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
That's what people said about Thomas who was at best an equal athlete to Grill. Grill had as high of a ceiling and was starting to make progress by the end of the year. Writing off guys like Grill after a freshman year where he had no support isn't the route to take, especially when he was one of the only guys who looked like he wanted to compete.

Also, Niang and Morris don't belong in the same bucket as those other three. It's not even close to the same.

Thomas was rated in the mid 50's and a 4 star recruit, this is insulting to Matt Thomas.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Kid could have been a solid 4 yr guy but he wasn’t making a big impact any time soon. It’s concerning he didn’t want to stick around but remember we stole him from SDSU. He wasn’t even MVC caliber yet. Prohm has to put a team together or he will be out of here in less than a year. I’m just happy we will have a ton of offseason recruiting news to keep our minds preoccupied.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
It's funny all the ******** about our mid-major roster then blame Prohm when the bottom of that roster transfers out.

Young, Conditt, Bolton and Jackson. Is there one more guy that you expected back that belonged in a competitive Big XII rotation?
Exactly. We are replacing the guys that transferred with better players. It’s a good thing. Everyone needs to relax. Things are going to be good again soon.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
It's funny all the ******** about our mid-major roster then blame Prohm when the bottom of that roster transfers out.

Young, Conditt, Bolton and Jackson. Is there one more guy that you expected back that belonged in a competitive Big XII rotation?

And when one of those four transfer what will be the excuse? I’m interested because the take probably won’t age well.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Exactly. We are replacing the guys that transferred with better players. It’s a good thing. Everyone needs to relax. Things are going to be good again soon.

This, by itself, isn’t the end of the world, but it’s just one more thing to add to the list.

It’s so sad.

If this is the last one... save maybe Lewis... then alright.

But if there are more to come, then this rat is off the ship.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
And when one of those four transfer what will be the excuse? I’m interested because the take probably won’t age well.

So you didn't answer my question, but I'll ask you another. What exactly do you see as an excuse from that post?

• Optimistic
Reactions: CycloneCJ

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
That's what people said about Thomas who was at best an equal athlete to Grill. Grill had as high of a ceiling and was starting to make progress by the end of the year. Writing off guys like Grill after a freshman year where he had no support isn't the route to take, especially when he was one of the only guys who looked like he wanted to compete.

Also, Niang and Morris don't belong in the same bucket as those other three. It's not even close to the same.

I kind of agree with your overall point as I would of liked to see Grill stay and be a developmental guy that is hopefully a junior and senior starter. But Caleb Grill does not have as high of a basketball ceiling as Matt Thomas, come on.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
So you didn't answer my question, but I'll ask you another. What exactly do you see as an excuse from that post?

He averaged 22 minutes the last nine games and had 9 points and 8 Rbs against Oklahoma State. He may not have started next year but this was a kid which the staff invested a lot of energy into. If you think they expected this or were pushing for this then you are out of your mind. The staff has major plans for him.
We now have 25% remaining from a recruiting class that made it to campus 9 months ago. We will have a total of 8-10 new faces on the 2020-21 squad. Let that sink in when it comes to roster management and class spacing. Neither of which anybody can blame on the previous regime anymore.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
We will be fine. We play in the Big 12.

The transfer train just ran out of steam, that's all.

The BlueBloods took everyone from us. Not our fault.

If we get a coach that develops 5 freshmen, in 3 years we have a team.

Or, we spend the next 10 years saying "Iowa sucks" from the basement.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He averaged 22 minutes the last nine games and had 9 points and 8 Rbs against Oklahoma State. He may not have started next year but this was a kid which the staff invested a lot of energy into. If you think they expected this or were pushing for this then you are out of your mind. The staff has major plans for him.
We now have 25% remaining from a recruiting class that made it to campus 9 months ago. We will have a total of 8-10 new faces on the 2020-21 squad. Let that sink in when it comes to roster management and class spacing. Neither of which anybody can blame on the previous regime anymore.

Bolton and Jackson are better. Prohm wants length. We're going to see the 3 spot filled by guys that are 6-5 or so.

Ellis, Johnson and one more transfer can give us a solid 5. Conditt, Jackson and the Freshmen give us a pretty good bench. Hopefully that one more transfer is a big time get.

Obviously Prohm has one last chance. I like the way this is looking so far.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WhoISthis

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
This tells me Steve is feeling the heat and hopefully is pulling out all stops for immediate help next year. Next year is all he is gonna get if he stinks it up I hope.

Zion or Caleb were not big 12 players. Wish them luck wherever they go.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Lol, all you Prohmers, whats your defense for this mid major league caliber of a coach? You all remind me how you were so content with useless Paul Rhoads until you couldn’t defend his pathetic coaching anymore. ISU basketball is going downhill until coach Prohm gets fired. You should be thankful you are all not watching march madness on tv this year. Nobody loves to see anybody lose a job but Prohm is not the right person for this ISU job and besides, he will be okay financially.