Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
A potential side benefit from this. I have heard from a couple different people that they test your blood for Covid19.

If that were happening, more people would be getting tested.

Also isn't it kind of bad if someone who doesn't know if that have it donate their blood?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Iowa state just extended online classes through the end of the semester. K-12 can’t be far behind.

• Informative
Reactions: Cy$

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
i dont believe iowa allows online education under current law

We were told yesterday that we at the high school level may be forced to do online education, but that we could NOT penalize any student that did not do the assignments.

So it really seems like a waste of time and effort to offer it, if the kids are not forced to do it for a grade. Enrichment activities for some, but I would guess very few students actually do the work online.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We were told yesterday that we at the high school level may be forced to do online education, but that we could NOT penalize any student that did not do the assignments.

So it really seems like a waste of time and effort to offer it, if the kids are not forced to do it for a grade. Enrichment activities for some, but I would guess very few students actually do the work online.

it's crazy to me the different i'm seeing on facebook between various groups of people i personally know. half the mothers are lesson-planning and calling my wife for ideas and the other are complaining about running out of movies to watch

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
ACSD posted that even though high school and middle school kids have chromebooks not all homes have Wifi, so they will not do on line classes.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Italy and Iran make me believe this isn't true.

Northern Italy and Iran aren't particularly warm right now.

I am keeping my eyes on Malaysia. High temperatures have been in the 90s and the country has about 800 cases, with over 100 in the last 24 hours.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

I know elementary and high school kids are different, but my 3rd grade daughter is really upset at the school cancellation. She LOVES school. She goes to Johnston and I haven't heard if there is a lesson plan yet or not. She would love to have some stuff from school to do.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I know elementary and high school kids are different, but my 3rd grade daughter is really upset at the school cancellation. She LOVES school. She goes to Johnston and I haven't heard if there is a lesson plan yet or not. She would love to have some stuff from school to do.

Its going to depend on the district, I do know that our elementary staff was told to start thinking about packets for the kids to work on while we are off. Whether it comes to that is another matter, but they are suppose to start planning for it.

Spam

May 21, 2008
The Aussies are saying they eradicated the virus in lab tests with a combination of already existing AIDS and malaria drugs and are moving to human testing, I think. That's some positive news.

Chinese and Korean doctors have also been recommending the malaria and AIDS drugs the Australian doctors recommend. The Indian government I believe formally recommended the HIV malaria drug combo.

And the Japanese antiviral drug favipiravir is showing a lot of promise in treating covid19.

At the very least, the social restrictions and stay at home recommendations should buy time to figure out if there are existing drugs that can be re-purposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.