Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
this isn't true.

The virus is in, and has killed people, and spread, in warmer places.

I’m not going to say we have definitive answers because we don’t but doesn’t liking is not the same thing as can’t survive in the warmer humid weather.

From the maps I’ve seen it is infinitely more prevalent in the northern hemisphere and places in colder weather right now. It still exists in other places but doesn’t appear as prevalent.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m not going to say we have definitive answers because we don’t but doesn’t liking is not the same thing as can’t survive in the warmer humid weather.

From the maps I’ve seen it is infinitely more prevalent in the northern hemisphere and places in colder weather right now. It still exists in other places but doesn’t appear as prevalent.

Yeah we really don't know and I've brought it up elsewhere that reported cases are less in some warmer countries and areas that to me are also densely populated.

Nonetheless it doesn't just magically disappear once it his a region at certain air temps or humidity.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
this isn't true.
I don't think it's really known yet. It's hypothesized it isn't true because it is being found in warm climates. It's also being hypothesized that warm weather might have some effect because it seems like many warm weather countries are not being hit as hard. It's too early to tell what effect, if any temperature has, but I wouldn't say it's been proven to have zero effect.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Italy and Iran make me believe this isn't true.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I just saw that Ford and GM are shutting down all North American operations until at least March 30. My company supplies parts to them so we may be running on minimal staff or shutdown too now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If any of you listen to Pardon My Take, they just had Dr. Fauci on the podcast, who is the immunologist that has been speaking at these White House briefings. Pardon My Take is a Barstool Sports Podcast (I know some may not like them), but the conversation they had with Dr. Fauci was incredibly informative and gave people like us answers to some of the questions we have. He doesn't use a lot of jargon, rather explains it in ways that we can all understand.

On the podcast today, a question was brought up about the virus possibly getting weaker due to the warmer months ahead and he basically said we just don't know yet. Some viruses do diminish in warmer climates, but there is not enough information to say this one will.

From my own personal opinion (which doesn't mean much), I would say the virus might not be as contagious in warmer weather, but that doesn't mean it's going to slow down much or all of a sudden go away. It might not live on certain surfaces as long but it's spreading currently in climates that will become similar to ours as we transition into the spring and summer months.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
The virus is in, and has killed people, and spread, in warmer places.

SARS was basically wiped out by summer temps. This virus is very similar. It's too early to know if summer will take care of it, to be sure. But it's also too early to say it won't have any helpful impact at all.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
SARS was basically wiped out by summer temps. This virus is very similar. It's too early to know if summer will take care of it, to be sure. But it's also too early to say it won't have any helpful impact at all.

i think we should be careful about assuming anything too positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron