Are you still planning on traveling for Spring break?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Are you still traveling for Spring break?

• Yes

Votes: 60 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 102 63.0%

• Total voters

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
We canceled our trip to Florida, not worth the risk and got vouchers from Allegiant to use for a years time. Now is not the time to be selfish and be proactive not reactive.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
People have brain disease from 9/11. "I'm not gonna live scared! Americans are resilient!" It's a ******* virus, it doesn't have an ideology. If you aren't practicing social distancing you're either an idiot or a selfish *******.

Edit: I see I'm late to the party and people are already being called out for their bad takes. I agree.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
People have brain disease from 9/11. "I'm not gonna live scared! Americans are resilient!" It's a ******* virus, it doesn't have an ideology. If you aren't practicing social distancing you're either an idiot or a selfish *******.

Edit: I see I'm late to the party and people are already being called out for their bad takes. I agree.
I still am of the opinion that both sides need to take a step back. There are some absolute imbeciles who are putting to many people at risk with their actions. At the same time this is going to spread way more than we’d like. Way more people are going to die than we want. We can’t stop it completely.

We have to find the balance of flattening the curve as much as possible and the ability to come out the other side with an intact society. There is no easy answer to this. People need to listen to health professionals and find that balance.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I still am of the opinion that both sides need to take a step back. There are some absolute imbeciles who are putting to many people at risk with their actions. At the same time this is going to spread way more than we’d like. Way more people are going to die than we want. We can’t stop it completely.

We have to find the balance of flattening the curve as much as possible and the ability to come out the other side with an intact society. There is no easy answer to this. People need to listen to health professionals and find that balance.

January 2020: See what's happening in other countries, listen to health professionals at the time, acknowledge it, put together a plan that includes possible shut downs/quarantines, what sorts of essential services can still be available, and see how that can be funded and provided, and begin staggering stockings of homes with possible limitations to be ready for when the time comes, and how to fund people that may be out of work or businesses that may be out for some time. And figure out testing protocols.

Easy? No.

Drastic since there wasn't concrete visuals like a hurricane or tornado provides? Yes.

More efficient than what we have now and at least some form of organized way of going about this? Likely.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am not counting walking over a block to the regional path for a walkabout as a trip. Hopefully won't have to stiff arm anyone back away from me but it's only 36 out so not a lot of peeps walking in the woods. Not without risk though, still freakin' ice on some paths up north here.

I think maybe today was when I thought I'd be watching the Yanks/Twins game in Florida. :oops:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Alright, talked it over with the wife. We are just going to leave everything behind and get on a ship down here at the docks that is headed somewhere safe. Probably Italy. I will post again once I find a computer there. Good luck to all of you!

Sounds like you’ve been watching the movie “Maximum Overdrive”.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Shoot one in the shoulder or something, and if they keep coming at you and try to eat you, it's a zombie. Then you have to aim for the head.

And then double tap, and don't stand there seeing if it's really dead.

God the other night the OG Friday the 13th was on and I couldn't believe how long the last girl stood there after initially knocking out Mrs. Vories in the cabin when that machete was right there. And then her plan is go paddle out on the lake?

I get so pissed at this ****. Like TWD, you knock Beta down and don’t double tap him in the head? IDIOT!

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Be a little nicer, not everyone has cable tv....

But you have youtube!

Seriously, at the 40 second mark. It then takes her about a 1/2 minute to walk by her.

You hit her again in the head, or cut that *****'s head off and GTFO of there. And then you don't go out in the lake where the kid died.

And then, 5 years later, if you want to camp, go somewhere else.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009

I agree. But probably not till April at best.

During spring break and the rest of March?.... I think it’s much more prudent to be cautious on the behalf of others.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Who is “both sides”?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Did you mask and wear gloves? At least used sanitizer before you touched everything, right?
From talking and reading some hospital administrators thoughts/concerns, probably best to save the mask and gloves for healthcare employees when doing the basics to stay alive (get food).. Bed count will be an issue (patient count is the point of the public wearing those), but we’ll be in real trouble if hospital personnel are getting pulled out of the system.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From talking and reading some hospital administrators thoughts/concerns, probably best to save the mask and gloves for healthcare employees when doing the basics to stay alive (get food).. Bed count will be an issue (patient count is the point of the public wearing those), but we’ll be in real trouble if hospital personnel are getting pulled out of the system.

Yeah I know and will admit I was going overboard with that. The thing is, people don't know everybodys situation or what is going on. Very easy to point fingers at people on a message board. I understand that there are parents with kids who will be forced to go out during this time, with their kids especially if they are a single parent, and get groceries or other basic things. People in that situation are forced and as long as they take as many precautions as possible, you aren't in their shoes, and it is easy to criticize. Maybe work prevented them, maybe they just got paid (get paid monthly on the 15th like my wife) and finally had money to buy more diapers, food, what have you.

People can yell at me since myself and my family went out to eat Friday night. My kids and wife are on spring break, I am self-employed and can avoid contact with people. My parents and my oldest sister are in the age range, but they have all passed. The MIL went to AZ and the FIL is passed so we won't be in contact with family members most susceptible. We were supposed to be in NY but cancelled. People have been jumping people for going out to eat like my family did friday night, but don't know the situation.

• Funny
Reactions: WhoISthis

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Spring break travel is the worst thing. Gathering kids from all over the United States to infect each other and then take the virus from there to seed it in every community in the United States. Brilliant idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Dumb. He’d have to go to store to buy one. Haven’t you heard of social distancing? You’re part of the problem....
echo-gas-pole-saws-ppf-2620-64_1000.jpg