JUCO G Keon Ellis offered

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
How do we know he’ll have an impact? Given the inexact science of recruiting and with CSP, it’s been well documented to skew definitively one way or the other, why are recruits regardless of repute given the benefit of the doubt?
If you really think like that, why do you bother following recruiting at all?

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
How do we know he’ll have an impact? Given the inexact science of recruiting and with CSP, it’s been well documented to skew definitively one way or the other, why are recruits regardless of repute given the benefit of the doubt?
You don’t know at all. He could be great, he could be terrible or he could be solid. Why not at least be somewhat optimistic about a recruit though until he proves us otherwise? We need something to be a little excited about with how this past season went.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
You don’t know at all. He could be great, he could be terrible or he could be solid. Why not at least be somewhat optimistic about a recruit though until he proves us otherwise? We need something to be a little excited about with how this past season went.

Agreed, it is more about having another option replacing Zion roster spot. If Zion would have developed as expected he'd be filling that SF slasher role next year. Not knocking ZG just didn't work out which happens with all programs. The staff needs an immediate replacement to keep the original plan.and improve nezt years outlook Ellis is an option but it could or another immediately eligible player Juco or transfer. I like the Idea of Javian playing that role but having another option available is needed.

Reactions: Thompsonclone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We have Indian Hill CC less than 100 miles from Ames, and they were ranked in the top 10 this year, and most years, and we are not recruiting them. Kansas is willing to take their point guard, but ISU is not interested in their talent. Makes no sense to me and never has.

ISU should be using IHCC as a filler program for bb, and using IWCC as a filler program for football. Way to much talent in both programs going on to 4 year schools for ISU not to be involved with both.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We have Indian Hill CC less than 100 miles from Ames, and they were ranked in the top 10 this year, and most years, and we are not recruiting them. Kansas is willing to take their point guard, but ISU is not interested in their talent. Makes no sense to me and never has.

ISU should be using IHCC as a filler program for bb, and using SWCC as a filler program for football. Way to much talent in both programs going on to 4 year schools for ISU not to be involved with both.

Proximity means nothing with community colleges. For the most part those kids don't have any ties to Iowa other than the one year they are spending there. And I can't imagine a year in Ottumwa has too many people saying "sign me up for 3 more years in Iowa!"

It really doesn't put us at any advantage on the really good ones.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

ISU should be using IHCC as a filler program for bb, and using SWCC as a filler program for football. Way to much talent in both programs going on to 4 year schools for ISU not to be involved with both.

How many of those players transferred and starred at P^ programs? Honest question, I don't think I seen many playing for Indian Hill recently and regretted ISU not recruiting them.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006

I agree that ISU should be recruiting IHCC harder, but I'm not sure you could have picked a worse example to make your point. Tyon Grant-Foster was literally target 1B for Prohm this year (with X. Foster being 1A). Prohm recruited him hard and lost out, in large part, because Grant-Foster is originally from KC and grew up wanting to play for KU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

We literally went after the guy that's going to Kansas

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa

SWCC doesn't have a football program. I think you mean IWCC in Council Bluffs.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Proximity means nothing with community colleges. For the most part those kids don't have any ties to Iowa other than the one year they are spending there. And I can't imagine a year in Ottumwa has too many people saying "sign me up for 3 more years in Iowa!"

It really doesn't put us at any advantage on the really good ones.

So you are saying that proximity means nothing for JC players, then how do you explain Kansas State, and them being able to feed off the JC programs in their state for football? Those are not Kansas kids player there, but from all over the country. Somehow I just do not think Kansas is any better than Iowa for those kids and Manhattan Kansas is not a mecca for all things football, while Ames is a dump.

There are talented players in both programs and we need talent on the field and court.

• Agree
Reactions: clone2003

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you are saying that proximity means nothing for JC players, then how do you explain Kansas State, and them being able to feed off the JC programs in their state for football? Those are not Kansas kids player there, but from all over the country. Somehow I just do not think Kansas is any better than Iowa for those kids and Manhattan Kansas is not a mecca for all things football, while Ames is a dump.

There are talented players in both programs and we need talent on the field and court.

We recruit JUCO players in both sports though so what are you trying to say

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron