What Will You Spend Your $1,000 Stimulus On?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I can't imagine how much covid19 will be entwined in that beautiful Italian couch you'll be getting.
This has been quite an interesting situation. My wife and I don't own any "fancy" furniture, but our old couch had tons of holes, so we decided to purchase a really nice couch for our anniversary. Now, there is no telling WHEN we will get it. That said, compared to what is going on in the world (sickness, economic woes, uncertainty), a nice couch means absolutely nothing!

• Agree
Reactions: madguy30

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I like the idealistic idea of having this work like a Menards rebate. $1000 if used at a local contractor, car dealer, small business, etc.
Sounds nice on the outside, but picking who gets the help kinda stinks for other businesses that wouldn’t fall in the right category. And frankly I generally don’t buy into the whole ‘ya gotta buy local’ stuff. When I shop at Menards or Home Depot it supports the wages of the loca citizens who work there, who in turn spend their money in the community.

• Agree
Reactions: Dopey

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Use some of it to buy a new driver from a friends small golf shop. And probably put the rest to work in the stock market on discounted stocks.
That’s brilliant! No way the wife can say no—you’re helping a friend and supporting a local business. You’re golden.

Reactions: mdk2isu

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Our AGI was under $200k in 2019, but not by much. Seems a little ridiculous to just hand us a few thousand dollars when in the grand scheme of things it won't make much difference to us, but there are a lot of people that need it. If that happens we'll likely find some people in our circle or in our community who need it.

NateTheBoss

Nov 21, 2013
Didn’t the Fed dump $1.5 Trillion into the Stock Market to prop it up the other day? How did that even benefit anyone?
It’s for illiquidity and it’s vital to keep the market going. Also it’s not free money if that is what your are thinking.

Help Support Us

Become a patron