Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I want to win next year, but despite the howls on here, I doubt Prohm's job is on the line next season. He's going to roll into 2021-2022 with these seniors --

Bolton
Conditt
Johnson

Grill and Jackson will be juniors.

Blackwell, Dubar, Foster, and Walker will be sophomores, and you expect the most development between freshman and sophomore years.

+ whatever else comes in during the next 18 months

Having a good player coming off a RS to join that crew, no matter what happens next year and even if we are bad, would help maximize what needs to be a peak year and a very good year if Prohm is ever going to work out long-term.

I know that would be his seventh year in Ames, but Pollard plays is slow.

Even if next year is bad, I bet Prohm gets one more chance to prove it with those three seniors above. Maximizing things with another RS guy would only help that.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
With our compliance department and the mass transfers leaving Wichita State I'm guessing they see him as immediately eligible

I am guessing that is always a possibility, I don't think many thought Bollton would be eligible right away when he was being recruited in May. and that worked out.
It is still early and we could learn of another player transferring out then having a sit out transfer may be a good use of a roster spot ala Javan..

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You absolutely offer and take him. I’m not sure how things would shake out with compliance but with the multiple transfers out of WSU we may have a shot.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Saw a rumor that Matthew Hurt will be transferring from Duke. ISU would probably be a long shot but would be worth a try.

Reactions: Statefan10

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It's like people don't realize our defense was a MUCH bigger liability this last year than shooting

Yeah, how many times do I have to post a breakdown of that?

I usually think we're an informed, intelligent fan base, but the yearning for shooting shooting shooting on here... when we were at least adequate there last year, compared to defense, which was an absolute goat rodeo... is bizarre to me.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, how many times do I have to post a breakdown of that?

I usually think we're an informed, intelligent fan base, but the yearning for shooting shooting shooting on here... when we were at least adequate there last year, compared to defense, which was an absolute goat rodeo... is bizarre to me.

Well, the offense did have a negative impact on the defense. There were times that so many bad shots were being taken it was almost like a live ball turnover. The defense was by far the worst problem but the offense did the defense no favors.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Well, the offense did have a negative impact on the defense. There were times that so many bad shots were being taken it was almost like a live ball turnover. The defense was by far the worst problem but the offense did the defense no favors.

You are right it is a complex ecosystem.

But adding a few guys who can shoot and little else in the Big 12 (see the Bowen Born "debate") is not going to help with that situation all that much.

You need guys who can D up on the perimeter, fight through screens, and control space for rebounds. We have an okay amount of shooting.

We have very little of those other things I listed.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
But not even close shooting

No one else in ISU history is since McGee shot about 46% from 3 and led the nation in shooting his SENIOR year. However, you are also comparing a true freshman to a senior, so a bit premature to make any type of valid comparison at this point.

A more valid comparison is McGee's junior year when he shot 39% from 3. (Also keep in mind that the 3-pt line from which Jackson is shooting is farther back vs in McGee's years.) In the latter part of the season, Jackson shot close to 40%. So, it's possible Jackson could become as reliable of a 3-pt shooter a McGee. Time will tell.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
No one else in ISU history is since McGee shot about 46% from 3 and led the nation in shooting his SENIOR year. However, you are also comparing a true freshman to a senior, so a bit premature to make any type of valid comparison at this point.

A more valid comparison is McGee's junior year when he shot 39% from 3. (Also keep in mind that the 3-pt line from which Jackson is shooting is farther back vs in McGee's years.) In the latter part of the season, Jackson shot close to 40%. So, it's possible Jackson could become as reliable of a 3-pt shooter a McGee. Time will tell.

im not making the comparison. I said hopefully he is a poor mans McGee by the time he is a junior