Zion Griffin Transferring

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'll feel for your sorrow when they're not.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Randy's tweet about this is strange as you'd expect. He mentions that this will free up a scholarship for when Halli leaves.
Um, Halli leaving frees up that scholarship. We didn't need two in order to replace one guy.
I'm chuckling...because you follow Randy. No offense to you.

• Winner
Reactions: CyPunch

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Best of luck to him, hope he does well at his next stop. But have you ever seen a flatter 3 point shot?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think Zion's lack of development is on Prohm. Prohm spoke openly about his perceived ability, gave him all the confidence in the world. He was given plenty of playing time early to show out. He either didn't listen or couldn't connect the dots for himself. It's unfortunate it didn't work out, you always hate to see a young guy leave the program, especially one that came in with a little bit of clout. I wish him well at his next stop, but I do not think this makes ISU worse next season. Use the scholarship on someone who can contribute immediately and in a big way.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hey a guy won a mower at the last game. Should probably check if he has any eligibility left.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't think Zion's lack of development is on Prohm. Prohm spoke openly about his perceived ability, gave him all the confidence in the world. He was given plenty of playing time early to show out. He either didn't listen or couldn't connect the dots for himself. It's unfortunate it didn't work out, you always hate to see a young guy leave the program, especially one that came in with a little bit of clout. I wish him well at his next stop, but I do not think this makes ISU worse next season. Use the scholarship on someone who can contribute immediately and in a big way.

I think Coach Prohm was trying to speak it into existence, as sort of a challenge and encouragement to Zion to step up and be that critical piece that we needed him to be. I suppose that can backfire sometimes too, but a lot of coaches do that.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Speaking of bad shooting technique... is this a thing under CSP?

Nixon's form was completely inconsistent, it was never the same stroke twice in a row.
Zion had the worlds flattest shot, like an attempted dunk from 20ft.
Hali has that slow mo, almost push shot from the hip.

It's like the polar opposite of Monte, Naz and Matty Ice. Did they lose a critical asst coach who was a great shooting technique guy? Is it just not a point of emphasis anymore? Does the current staff take for granted everyone will be a gym rat like Matt & Naz & Monte, and they just aren't?

I think the last time I saw a great shot technique was D-Jax. Am I off base here?