*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
People are losing their minds... what is the point of cancelling games when the only people there are coaches and players and some media?
...who will have contact with other human beings during the course of the tournament(s). Not rocket surgery here.

Reactions: Doc

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
It really was astounding to see him get that dunk, and then completely forget that the game was still happening, helping lead to whatever the **** that was at the end of that game. Just unreal.

I don't care if he can make a jump shot or two, I'm off the Lewis train, he can leave. Absolutely unforgivable.

I'm curious what Nixon said to Lewis when Lewis fouled at the high post on a fight through screen. All you could see was Nixon saying "Hey you got to..." then the camera cutoff only to go right back to Lewis instantly sulking like he screwed up. That kid is fighting some serious demons out there. Then Terrance goes down and and dunks it for the make up......only to celebrate and realize it turned into an 8 second track meet.

Honestly, I started laughing. Only fitting. Cyclones rebound the ball after the OSU miss with 30 seconds maybe they win (probably not) but once again the 1 rebound they had to have Jacobson couldnt jump high enough for it and we foul with 20 to go.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Tell us about the Space Campers.

Hazy IPA, a little citrus, but enough to overpower.

I would guess that it has been out around a year and is not seasonal.

It is the best non-seasonal Boulevard for me and the only one that I purchase on a somewhat regular basis. Cool label and coasters too.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
People are losing their minds... what is the point of cancelling games when the only people there are coaches and players and some media?
It sends the right message. The next week really needs to be viewed by society as a week in which you only go out as absolutely needed imo.

Also, these events do require travel.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Hazy IPA, a little citrus, but enough to overpower.

I would guess that it has been out around a year and is not seasonal.

It is the best non-seasonal Boulevard for me and the only one that I purchase on a somewhat regular basis. Cool label and coasters too.
I enjoy it. Tank 7 and 80 Acre are my other 2 favorite Blvd's

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
After the game last night we were walking to my car a couple blocks south of the Sprint Center when a random stranger who was pumping gas yells, "Go hawkeyes."

Without hesitation I flipped him off. He laughed and then I laughed and we kept walking.

These ******** are everywhere and their little bro complex is stronger than ever.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
After the game last night we were walking to my car a couple blocks south of the Sprint Center when a random stranger who was pumping gas yells, "Go hawkeyes."

Without hesitation I flipped him off. He laughed and then I laughed and we kept walking.

These ******** are everywhere and their little bro complex is stronger than ever.

"Little Bro Complex" you say, it will stay that way as long as we keep losing to them in football/mbball and wrestling....

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
"Little Bro Complex" you say, it will stay that way as long as we keep losing to them in football/mbball and wrestling....

I really don't know what you mean.

Do you ever see strangers on a street out of the state of Iowa and yell "Go Cyclones" at them? I don't. Are you saying that this guy did it because we have lost lately in those sports? Are you implying that 99% of iowa or Iowa State fans care about wrestling?

Another example, we ate at a spot in Steamboat last year where you can decorate and hang a dollar bill. Of course, I left a bill with an old style ISU tornado, which looked really good. This year the bill was still there, with a bill decorated with a black and gold state out line of Iowa and the word "loyal" next to it.

Dude, these people have a huge little bro complex with ISU. It might not make any sense based on recent or overall athletic performance, but I personally see examples of it all the time.

Example - obligatory dude in hawk shirt at ISU game. See it all the time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Do you ever see strangers on a street out of the state of Iowa and yell "Go Cyclones" at them? I don't. Are you saying that this guy did it because we have lost lately in those sports? Are you implying that 99% of iowa or Iowa State fans care about wrestling?

Another example, we ate at a spot in Steamboat last year where you can decorate and hang a dollar bill. Of course, I left a bill with an old style ISU tornado, which looked really good. This year the bill was still there, with a bill decorated with a black and gold state out line of Iowa and the word "loyal" next to it.

Dude, these people have a huge little bro complex with ISU. It might not make any sense based on recent or overall athletic performance, but I personally see examples of it all the time.

I've never seen it as a little bro complex. There's always been a bully mentality with the fanbase/university which is why they only wanted to play football in Iowa City. Hayden Fry knew that and fed off it, and generations of Hawk fans have followed suit.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I've never seen it as a little bro complex. There's always been a bully mentality with the fanbase/university which is why they only wanted to play football in Iowa City. Hayden Fry knew that and fed off it, and generations of Hawk fans have followed suit.
Iowa athletics is the only positive thing most of those uneducated twits have going on in their lives so of course they act like the high school bully who peaks a year and half prior to graduation.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa athletics is the only positive thing most of those uneducated twits have going on in their lives so of course they act like the high school bully who peaks a year and half prior to graduation.

Yep and it's weeeeeeiiiird.

I get to know some of the player names if they're around for a few years but otherwise don't know much...if you want to get an Iowa fan in fits, be someone who doesn't look at their role players as immortal.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

This isn't a new thing, I've had it happen in Stl and literally had the exact same thing happen to me in KC Georges sr year when we lost to OU in the big 12 tourney. It was even a dbag pumping gas, I responded the same as you only verbally. Makes me wonder if its the same guy.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

He deserved to not see his team play in the NCAA Tournament

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron