Bell vs John's vs Tico

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Never heard of Taco Tico. Turns out they have 2 locations in IA. Marshalltown and Mason City. So no wonder.

Taco Johns is way better than Taco Bell. Their big/only negative is too salty.

Edit that would be Fort Dodge.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I haven't had Taco Tico since the 90s. I remember it being really good though.

Taco Bell is decent. Del Taco is about the same but much cheaper than Taco Bell.

Taco John's used to be really good. We got one here in New Mexico about 5 years ago and it was gross. Way too much salt and the food was not fresh at all. They closed down in less than 6 months.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I grew up with Taco Tico having lived near Fort Dodge in my childhood. If you haven’t had it, you shouldn’t comment in this thread because you just don’t know. Bell & Johns pale in comparison. When my wife had it for the first time she wanted to move next door.

Then she saw the rest of Fort Dodge.
Did you ever have that place right by Taco Tico? Jaymar's I think it is called.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Never heard of Taco Tico. Turns out they have 2 locations in IA. Marshalltown and Mason City. So no wonder.

Taco Johns is way better than Taco Bell. Their big/only negative is too salty.

Edit that would be Fort Dodge.
There was a minor panic attack involved when the initial list didn't include Dirty Dodge.

Tico is certainly the best of the 3.
John's has oles. That automatically puts Bell in 3rd.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
As a point of reference, up here in the Dirty, we had all three and Johns just recently, and unexpectedly, closed. I think that says a lot.

Back in the day, Bell was the bomb and somewhere along the line quality went downhill and there are numerous other places I would rather eat before going back there.

Tasty Tacos are pretty good, but Tico gets my vote and is my go to. They have stuck to a winning recipe and haven’t wavered. Although, amongst the Ticos, the one in Dodge reigns supreme. If you go to any of the others, you will be disappointed as they have made changes over time that have affected the quality of the food.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I grew up with Taco Tico having lived near Fort Dodge in my childhood. If you haven’t had it, you shouldn’t comment in this thread because you just don’t know. Bell & Johns pale in comparison. When my wife had it for the first time she wanted to move next door.

Then she saw the rest of Fort Dodge.

I said I never heard of it because it's nowhere near where I have ever lived or gone more than once or twice in my life. So I only rated Bell and John's because of that reason.

Rudy's Tacos are probably the best Americanized Mexican Food in the state. I crave their Tacos and especially their enchiladas the 6 months I'm in FL. Family all still can meet up there on a whim with a few text messages and boom, we're there.

Smothered Chicken Enchilada and Cheese and Onion Enchilada and your arteries are clogged for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: harimad

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Taco Bell's food tastes like it was made in a laboratory. It's like a slightly more edible version of plastic food. Taco John's has my heart. Never had Taco Tico.

Reactions: harimad and Acylum

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Just reading the tread title makes me feel like

giphy.gif

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
No Tasty Taco or Abelardos listed in thread title? This is a failure of a thread. Abelardos breakfast burrito is amazeballs. Tasty tacos tacos are great. The rest don't compare.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
No Tasty Taco or Abelardos listed in thread title? This is a failure of a thread. Abelardos breakfast burrito is amazeballs. Tasty tacos tacos are great. The rest don't compare.
Adelardos' green chili burrito is my favorite burrito of all time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron