Updated 2020 Roster

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I had somebody recently tell me that soccer will ascend and football's days are numbered. I've been hearing this since Pele in the 1970's of course.
Anyway, I'm not feeling 2020 yet.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Larry ISU VS. Aclone in Sumo Wrestling Death Match to determine who's roster thread stays!
200.webp

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hadn't seen this discussed yet.
Tymar Sutton no longer listed, he would have been a senior this year.
Probably others missing?

https://cyclones.com/sports/football/roster/2020

Edit: one walk-on (senior) no longer listed, Whipple. Also, no Gage Gunnerson.

Dang. If only there were already a thread on the updated roster four posts lower.
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/updated-football-roster-january-2020.254270/
Aclone Respect, but the first one here is far more complete. Thanks to both of you as I am interested in this every year!:)

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
But he is still listed on the roster yet tonight. Is there a report somewhere that he left the team? He's not in the portal.
I don't know, someone else mentioned the it earlier in the thread. He has a chance to fill Spears' empty starting spot so I don't see why he would leave. Some 5th year seniors do quit playing though because they have graduated and are ready to move on. I wonder if that is the case with Sutton or maybe he will go elsewhere as a grad transfer like Jalen Martin is doing.

jennyfurhh

Oct 20, 2018
But he is still listed on the roster yet tonight. Is there a report somewhere that he left the team? He's not in the portal.

I don't know, someone else mentioned the it earlier in the thread. He has a chance to fill Spears' empty starting spot so I don't see why he would leave. Some 5th year seniors do quit playing though because they have graduated and are ready to move on. I wonder if that is the case with Sutton or maybe he will go elsewhere as a grad transfer like Jalen Martin is doing.

He is working and finishing this semester. I don’t know why he’s on the roster, I just assume because he is done & this is still the current season? like he’s just graduating and then done.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
He is working and finishing this semester. I don’t know why he’s on the roster, I just assume because he is done & this is still the current season? like he’s just graduating and then done.

Well, that makes sense. They put that roster out in January shortly after school started. Could be they don't update it regularly and since he is still in school then he just was automatically included on the January roster. Thanks for the info.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I had penciled in Grant as a starting safety next year, but now I see he was listed as a 205 pound linebacker. Not a lot of playing time for him at linebacker I suppose. So if you aren't starting as a senior and you have graduated, moving on makes a lot of sense.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I had penciled in Grant as a starting safety next year, but now I see he was listed as a 205 pound linebacker. Not a lot of playing time for him at linebacker I suppose. So if you aren't starting as a senior and you have graduated, moving on makes a lot of sense.
You penciled him in at safety with what we have returning?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I wonder why Aidan Bouman has a number (#14) listed, and Hunter Dekkers does not yet? I guess because Aiden is here early and Hunter not here yet? But same QB class right?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I wonder why Aidan Bouman has a number (#14) listed, and Hunter Dekkers does not yet? I guess because Aiden is here early and Hunter not here yet? But same QB class right?

You have correctly answered your own question. The 10 early enrollees have been assigned numbers.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I see last years roster had Tory Spears Fr dB as #14. This year #14 will be Aidan Bouman, and T Spears no longer listed. Any idea where T Spears went and why? Also I doubt he is related to Marcel Spears (one of my favorites), as he is from Houston and Marcel from Olathe, but are they related?

Help Support Us

Become a patron