Are you working remotely ?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Most of the way through our first company wide WFH day and VPN seems to be doing just fine. Though one has to think there Friday before spring break around here probably isn't a heavy load. May not know until after break if there are going to be performance problems.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I haven't ever had remote access in 17 years at my company but was forced to order it Monday just in case. About 90% of what I do though I have to be in the office for as I literally support the hardware people work on in the office so only thing I really can do from home is do some basic remote troubleshooting if the machine is still able to boot up and get a network connection. Unless there is a community spread of COVID-19 in the DM Metro I don't anticipate having to work from home. My wife has remote access and can work from home on an as needed basis so she may potentially have to if they deem it necessary. Right now it's been business as usual here for now.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Update - the bigwigs for our company are meeting to discuss options on Monday. My guess is that if any confirmed cases pop up in the metro DM area between now and then it'll be mandatory WFH for some of us.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
After driving past a car accident yesterday, I thought "now is not a good time to have to be in hospital" so today and probably in the future I'll work from home. Why take the risks?

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
While I could do a good portion of my job remotely, I have to support superintendents and craft out in the field on a construction site, so I'll be in to the office until the entire project gets shut down.

It's a small office so the exposure isn't horrible.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Nothing formal from my company yet, but I'm planning on this being my last day in the office for a couple weeks.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I work at a utility and they sent "non essentials" home Wednesday. I hate it! My wife was ordered to work from home for the next month. She loves it.

I'll head back to the office Monday UNLESS ordered not to or there is any kind of exposure threat.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I work for a civil engineering firm in Rogers, Arkansas and they're getting things set up network-wise to accommodate the whole office. I took the laptop home possibly anticipating it going down.

Walmart Corporate in Bentonville sent all their employees home today to work remotely.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Not an option for me but I'm hoping some of the staff in the office that can do to reduce exposure.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron