Are you working remotely ?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I work from home two days a week already. On Wednesday we got the ok to work from home 100% of the time if we wanted. (Translation: they don’t think it’s necessary). And let’s put it this way, who I work for SHOULD ABSOLUTELY think it’s necessary. We had a meeting yesterday where a DOCTOR said she didn’t think there should be more testing!

we are doing a mandatory telework day Tuesday to test the system.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Our company is going voluntary starting Monday. But I assume they'll make it mandatory soon.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I work remotely full time. My wife's company just went full remote yesterday, so now I have an officemate and someone to share daycare drop-off/pickup duties. Things are looking up.

Reactions: aauummm

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I’m a personal trainer so I can’t work remote. I also work for a small business gym, so if people stop coming in we go out of business. Luckily only a couple people have stopped (old or underlying health condition), all of our other clients will continue to come and support the company.

We are just constantly wiping down equipment and handles every hour. I can say our gym is probably cleaner than any house.
Any interest working with someone with 35% body fat? @CloneFan4 was training me but gave up

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I can access CF in the office and at home, so I should be good either way. I’m getting all my science on this site so it’s more important than work. Most of my job is in the field, so you’d think they’d let us work from home, but alas, no, come to cubical land to write reports.
And you get your comedy from CyCrazy. Should be good to go

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Both our offices shutting down next week for all intents and purposes. Both the president and VP are traveling home from Europe so they have to quarantine for at least a week. Everybody else was given the option to work remote and we all jumped at the chance.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Has your office closed yet? I live an hour outside of Minneapolis.

I am waiting for ours to do so, but our industry is not exactly the most proactive... yesterday our office manager sent out a note about washing our hands regularly... Uhhhhh ya think?

There is nothing that we accomplish in the office that we couldn't do remotely, so I am thinking it is only a matter of time, but maybe not.
In the Suburbs of Minneapolis and we have been getting updates daily on our actions (travel restrictions, no large group events or meetings at our HQ facility, work from home if possible) but rumblings are our IT department is purchasing a crap ton of VPN accounts to handle the coming remote work. I expect it to start as early as Monday, so I'm bringing all my stuff home tonight.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
notice about to roll out to WFH if able. Spouse was already supposed to test WFH 3 days next week for VPN capabilities but he's also been told to WFH Monday now too. Three more cases in our town so it's here and spreading.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

I am waiting for ours to do so, but our industry is not exactly the most proactive... yesterday our office manager sent out a note about washing our hands regularly... Uhhhhh ya think?

There is nothing that we accomplish in the office that we couldn't do remotely, so I am thinking it is only a matter of time, but maybe not.

I'm in MPLS. We started remote working today.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I recruit for Crop Input companies and a lot of them have banned air travel by their employees. Also, their customers are starting to tell them not to come to their offices.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

VERY remote. As in the deep mountains of West Virginia. Though yesterday my employer, very unexpectedly, laid me off as a new effort of eliminating the OOO employees. I was the only employee on our team worth a darn. Can you say pissed?

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
notice about to roll out to WFH if able. Spouse was already supposed to test WFH 3 days next week for VPN capabilities but he's also been told to WFH Monday now too. Three more cases in our town so it's here and spreading.
Spouse = DH?

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron