What teams are getting robbed the worst?

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...the-cancellation-of-the-2020-ncaa-tournament/

Gonzaga's best shot to win a title is gone
Cruising through the WCC like Gonzaga did -- and always does -- doesn't attract the same attention as when other major conference teams do the same. And that's fair to a point, I guess, considering its conference schedule is significantly weaker than other major conference teams face. But it also slashes Gonzaga's real credentials. This team went 31-2 -- 31-2! -- and people like to discount the Zags as if any team could zombie-walk its way to 31 wins.

This team smacked its opponents with an NCAA-leading scoring margin of 19.6 -- a full 4.1 points more than the next team, Dayton, which had a 15.5 scoring margin on the year. Gonzaga's dream team in 2016-17 -- which went to the national championship -- led the NCAA in scoring margin, too, at 21.1. It's possible this team could have done what that team couldn't and cut down the final nets on the season, potentially giving Mark Few the all-time resume bump of a natty.

I know this is is the Men's BB forum but:
Career of Oregon's Ionescu ends too soon
The best player in college basketball this season was arguably Sabrina Ionescu -- the star of the Oregon women's basketball team. A fitting end to a brilliant career would have been leading Oregon to its first-ever women's national title.

Last edited:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...the-cancellation-of-the-2020-ncaa-tournament/

Gonzaga's best shot to win a title is gone
Cruising through the WCC like Gonzaga did -- and always does -- doesn't attract the same attention as when other major conference teams do the same. And that's fair to a point, I guess, considering its conference schedule is significantly weaker than other major conference teams face. But it also slashes Gonzaga's real credentials. This team went 31-2 -- 31-2! -- and people like to discount the Zags as if any team could zombie-walk its way to 31 wins.

This team smacked its opponents with an NCAA-leading scoring margin of 19.6 -- a full 4.1 points more than the next team, Dayton, which had a 15.5 scoring margin on the year. Gonzaga's dream team in 2016-17 -- which went to the national championship -- led the NCAA in scoring margin, too, at 21.1. It's possible this team could have done what that team couldn't and cut down the final nets on the season, potentially giving Mark Few the all-time resume bump of a natty.

I know this is is the Men's BB forum but:
Career of Oregon's Ionescu ends too soon
The best player in college basketball this season was arguably Sabrina Ionescu -- the star of the Oregon women's basketball team. A fitting end to a brilliant career would have been leading Oregon to its first-ever women's national title.

I don't think it was Gonzaga's best shot to win a title. That was 2017.Their defense this year was not good enough.

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
The one I feel worst for is my own daughter. She's a gymnast having a great year and preparing for the State Meet this weekend. Had a good shot at being a state champion. It's now cancelled. Who knows what will happen with the Regional Meet in a month.

Also made honor band - it was cancelled today. Basically everything she knows and does is coming to a stop for the time being. That's a tough thing for a teenager to deal with.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I am starting to see a few that list him as 2nd round or FA.

Obviously he's not going to be drafted high, but if Brook Lopez can be an All-Star and average over 30 min/game for over a decade, or if Frank Kaminsky can play over 20 min per game, then Garza can probably find some role for a team.
I understand Kaminsky has not been great in the NBA but look at what he did for Wisconsin. He has tools Garza hasn’t even thought of.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and isu83

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You do gotta feel for a school like Dayton. The stars really did align for them. Generational talent in Toppin. The blue-bloods were vulnerable. You don't get many shots at a National Title at a school like Dayton, so it would really stink to have your chance wasted.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The one I feel worst for is my own daughter. She's a gymnast having a great year and preparing for the State Meet this weekend. Had a good shot at being a state champion. It's now cancelled. Who knows what will happen with the Regional Meet in a month.

Also made honor band - it was cancelled today. Basically everything she knows and does is coming to a stop for the time being. That's a tough thing for a teenager to deal with.

Yep H.S. senior niece lost state speech. College senior niece loses national speech Championships and band exhibition trip. College graduation ceremonies are undecided last I heard.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Really, no one is “getting robbed.”

The circumstances we’re facing are just changing priorities. Public health > games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron