***WBB: 2020 Recruiting Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
They said Donarski had 23-9-9. I don't know if the second 9 is rebounds or steals. I know she had four steals that lead to run out baskets by her.

She seems to have long arms that she always holds out wide. Great anticipation. She had numerous deflections in addition to the steals. Pretty good defender.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Announcer just said something that is remarkable:. Ryan has only played in the forth quarter of a game once in her high School career! 3,000 points and only played in the fourth quarter one time!?!

End of third quarter and her Central Plained team is up 73-27

Paragraph #2 sorta answers Paragraph #1. I know 1A is the smallest schools but are all of the scores that loopsided? Next year will be a HUGE adjustment for her.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
As BoxsterCy stated next year with be a huge adjustment for Ryan as well as it will for Donarski.

But while being the best players on their teams, they played with great teammates and were very well coached from what I saw. They just played with a higher intensity that their opponents - teams that made their respective state tournaments, so they were decent teams.

Donarski's team had a girl set the state tournament record with seven 3-pointers! And she has a teammate (Courtney Becker?) who was signed by Drake. And she has been injured so has not played the last few game (make a token 15 second appearance at the end of the game just to honor her).

Both Ryan and Donarski, from what I observed, are unselfish and good passers who find their open teammates. They are just good!

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I remember watching Exira in a super sloppy low-level GBB championship several years ago wondering how Hallie Christofferson would adjust to real competition. She turned out fine.

You also need to remember that all of our recruits play AAU ball. It isn't Div I basketball, but it's a higher level than any of them see in regular high school ball.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As BoxsterCy stated next year with be a huge adjustment for Ryan as well as it will for Donarski.

But while being the best players on their teams, they played with great teammates and were very well coached from what I saw. They just played with a higher intensity that their opponents - teams that made their respective state tournaments, so they were decent teams.

Donarski's team had a girl set the state tournament record with seven 3-pointers! And she has a teammate (Courtney Becker?) who was signed by Drake. And she has been injured so has not played the last few game (make a token 15 second appearance at the end of the game just to honor her).

Both Ryan and Donarski, from what I observed, are unselfish and good passers who find their open teammates. They are just good!

Appreciate you posting the linkies. Hadn't watched any highlights before so seeing some game action was interesting. Was pretty impressed with Donarki for sure and less concerned about a class of 5-foot-something guards now. She bigger and has more "length" (sort of like Camber has "length") than I had pictured. Great looking class even if quite unbalanced.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I remember watching Exira in a super sloppy low-level GBB championship several years ago wondering how Hallie Christofferson would adjust to real competition. She turned out fine.

You also need to remember that all of our recruits play AAU ball. It isn't Div I basketball, but it's a higher level than any of them see in regular high school ball.

True about Hallie and she wasn't a guard and guards have less transition issues. On the flip side, AAU is sort of all-star hoops with not that great of defense.

Other than Lexi, who I expect have lots of PG time, no one will need to play 30 minutes a game or carry the team or anything. We will have tons of guards.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Sports in Kansas
@sportsinkansas

·
33m
Emily Ryan of Central Plains named Sports in Kansas All-Classes
1f3c0.svg

Player of the Year & 1A POY. Iowa State signee had 3,007 points, 703 assists and a state record 599 steals. Never lost a HS basketball game going 136-0. 29.5 ppg in limited time in 2020 https://shar.es/aHqX8g

Reactions: Buster28

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Last edited:
Reactions: BoxsterCy