This is why Prohm must go........

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I'm guessing you didn't see the drive block thrown that opened up the lane on that?
Sure, that happened and took 1 guy out of the play(think it was Jackson). That still leaves Jacobson not getting back on defense because he made a dumb play at the inbound pass, Lewis posing, and Nixon guarding a guy who was obviously not getting the ball with an open lane. Credit to Grill for actually trying at least.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Sure, that happened and took 1 guy out of the play(think it was Jackson). That still leaves Jacobson not getting back on defense because he made a dumb play at the inbound pass, Lewis posing, and Nixon guarding a guy who was obviously not getting the ball. Credit to Grill for actually trying at least.

Should have gotten back and walled up better, but when's the last time you've seen a player score like that and then beat a fast PG down the floor? Lewis shouldn't have been flexing, but it wouldn't have mattered. Arguably our best three defenders were on the other end. No idea if Nixon was guarding a shooter or not. Jackson got shoved about ten feet and under the basket. Regardless, that guy is extremely hard to guard on a downhill run.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
If you are criticizing adding to this thread after we just lost to what was supposed to be the worst team in the conference, in what is supposed to be Hilton South, you are a complete dillweed.

Why the f*ck are you still posting about basketball? This morning in the game thread you made sure to let everyone know just how much you couldn't wait for the season to be over. Now that it is, you're still on here? Consistency dude...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Is this not judgment on yourself?

Do I really need to explain that? The guys played their butts off, shorthanded tonight, against the hottest team in the league (a veteran team too). It doesn't surprise me to see people piling on after that, but I'm not going to leave it unaddressed.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
The lane was open because Lewis stopped and flexed at the crowd and they dribbled right past him. Seriously, watch the replay. It’s crazy.

Since when does the guy who just scored the bucket have first defensive responsibility to stop the ball? Yes, shouldn't have flexed for sure, but we had our best three defenders back, and Lewis isn't running Likely (sp?) down in any scenario.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Since when does the guy who just scored the bucket have first defensive responsibility to stop the ball? Yes, shouldn't have flexed for sure, but we had our best three defenders back, and Lewis isn't running Likely (sp?) down in any scenario.

I mean, just watch the play. He runs right in the spot where Lewis would be if he got back and he barely beats him to the basket. Lewis absolutely would have beat him back. It was crazy.

I’m not absolving the rest of their bad defense.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
I mean, just watch the play. He runs right in the spot where Lewis would be if he got back and he barely beats him to the basket. Lewis absolutely would have beat him back. It was crazy.

I’m not absolving the rest of their bad defense.

Agree to disagree. Tre Jackson was there on that side of the lane if not for being rode the last 8 feet out of bounds by the OSU center.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Man last night was a great game, boys should be proud of themselves

Prohm love for last nights performance isn’t necessary, though. Last time he coached well in a tournament he was also coming off a season where he underperformed and didn’t meet expectations and ended up with an extension and a raise

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Do I really need to explain that? The guys played their butts off, shorthanded tonight, against the hottest team in the league (a veteran team too). It doesn't surprise me to see people piling on after that, but I'm not going to leave it unaddressed.

I agree the guys played really hard shorthanded, and did much better than I expected. But, it's funny that you came right into the thread to blame people for coming right into the thread. It amused me, that's all. I wasn't trying to be inflammatory.

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
You don't have Internet where you live? It was on ESPN+ which means it was available anywhere that has Internet.
Extending your logic. Isn't almost any game available on ESPN+? There is a difference between the games offered on ESPN+ and their standard channels. ESPN is trying to push people towards streaming, but still reserves (for the most part) the best games and broadcast games for the established channels. So saying it is available anywhere there is internet is like saying their is air available anywhere. Your response was pedantic. When the Final 4 is only available on ESPN+, then your argument will carry weight.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
I agree the guys played really hard shorthanded, and did much better than I expected. But, it's funny that you came right into the thread to blame people for coming right into the thread. It amused me, that's all. I wasn't trying to be inflammatory.
The team played their guts out, but the result was an apt encapsulation of the season. They showed flashes but could not be consistent enough to win. Giving up a layup in 5 seconds after regaining the lead with 8.9 seconds was truly a fitting end to this season. When playing well they get close but are not good enough. When playing poorly, ...

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
To me it feels like cyclone basketball is the 30-handicap golfer and everyone is debating the finer points of the golf swing or proper course strategy, when in reality we need to learn to make solid contact, find the fairway, and stop 3 putting.

Cyclone basketball struggles with defense, rebounding, passing, shooting, etc. We're a million miles away at being good at the basics. We have athletes with size that are 2-3 years into the program...and just aren't that good.

I just don't think four high school recruits + 8 months changes all that. We need a minor miracle in recruiting this spring, and Prohm has to do some serious soul searching about what kind of coach he wants to be.

Fitting the season ended on a layup, due to an inability to STOP THE BALL, which I believe I learned at basketball camp in 5th grade.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Fitting the season ended on a layup, due to an inability to STOP THE BALL, which I believe I learned at basketball camp in 5th grade.

hahahahahahahahahhaha are you saying you could of guarded Likekele on that final play?

I learned proper tackling technique in 5th grade but that isn't going to help me trying to tackle Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne or D'Andre Swift.