YTTV Dropping Sinclair Owned Regional Sports Channels

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Pissed about this. No Fox Sports North anymore in Iowa. Hulu Live is the only option now, but I really like YTTV (much better DVR, user interface than Hulu).

So frustrating. I'd pay extra for a YTTV sports pack if that was available. Or MLB.TV but Twins are blacked out in the Iowa.

So dumb. I want to pay to watch MLB's product, but they won't let me.

Icky_Mettle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Ames
Pissed about this. No Fox Sports North anymore in Iowa. Hulu Live is the only option now, but I really like YTTV (much better DVR, user interface than Hulu).

So frustrating. I'd pay extra for a YTTV sports pack if that was available. Or MLB.TV but Twins are blacked out in the Iowa.

So dumb. I want to pay to watch MLB's product, but they won't let me.

Same here, just switched to YTTV a couple weeks ago for the baseball season. Now on to hulutv live. It was nice that YTTV refunded me my whole month when I cancelled it through chat.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
This entire mess has been handled poorly by both sides. I would love to know which side was stupid enough to propose such a carriage agreement and who stupidly agreed to it. Oh well, damage done and back to HuluLive.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Bummer...is every Fox Sports regional channel owned by Sinclair?? Eastern Iowa YTTV fans will feel the impact here...I currently get FS-North and FS-Midwest...lots of MLB and NBA on it...tons of college football...damn!

I'm cancelling after NCAA tourney anyway. I don't need TV in summer. I'll figure it out before football.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So for CBus we got back FS Ohio and FS Ohio Plus in YTTV, but they took away SportsTime Ohio which has the majority of The Crew games, but Cleveland still has SportsTime Ohio on YTTV.

The consumers that complain and harp on the providers are the problem. Support the providers, not the station owners. A month of pain to the owners would go a long way,

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Twins fan here and I can say, I've got a bone to pick with YouTube TV over this. I share my account with my sister who lives in central Illinois, and even though it's the same account, she has access to the FSN channels (her and husband can watch their Cardinals on FS-Midwest or whatever) and I do not. If I moved across the river to East Dubuque, IL (literally 3 and 1/2 minutes from my house) I could get FS channels again, but since I have an IA address I can't. So dumb. The state of Iowa has 0 pro baseball teams, so let's do everything in our power to make sure baseball fans in the state can't watch their team play, if it happens to be a border team....I would hate to switch to Hulu Live just for baseball...but goddamn...

Reactions: cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Twins fan here and I can say, I've got a bone to pick with YouTube TV over this. I share my account with my sister who lives in central Illinois, and even though it's the same account, she has access to the FSN channels (her and husband can watch their Cardinals on FS-Midwest or whatever) and I do not. If I moved across the river to East Dubuque, IL (literally 3 and 1/2 minutes from my house) I could get FS channels again, but since I have an IA address I can't. So dumb. The state of Iowa has 0 pro baseball teams, so let's do everything in our power to make sure baseball fans in the state can't watch their team play, if it happens to be a border team....I would hate to switch to Hulu Live just for baseball...but goddamn...

I agree! I am a White Sox fan so at least at the moment I am good (NBC Sports Chicago)...but who knows! This is a bad precedent! I get regionals being regional...but the Cedar Rapids area was in the FSN North and Midwest markets a month ago...and now nothing! I really feel like my $50 in part is subsidizing those who still receive the FSN regionals...and I am not thrilled about that!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I agree! I am a White Sox fan so at least at the moment I am good (NBC Sports Chicago)...but who knows! This is a bad precedent! I get regionals being regional...but the Cedar Rapids area was in the FSN North and Midwest markets a month ago...and now nothing! I really feel like my $50 in part is subsidizing those who still receive the FSN regionals...and I am not thrilled about that!
Yeah I feel like I'm subsiziding as well. If I'm paying for the product too, why can't I use it? It's a lot easier to drop a streaming service than it is a cable or satellite company, and I just might have to do it. Problem is, aside from this, YouTube TV has been fantastic. I love everything about their interface, their DVR capability, the selection of channels (besides the FSN's now). It's been a great product and at a pretty reasonable price, though even that has gone up a little bit over the 2 years or so that we've used it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Jmarsh13

Sep 28, 2006
Streaming is awesome I hope the Big 12 streams more stuff in the future
Agree on the streaming. So nice to not have to jump thru hoops to find out what station the game will start on while WVU continues to play bully-ball for first half hour of our game.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yeah I feel like I'm subsiziding as well. If I'm paying for the product too, why can't I use it? It's a lot easier to drop a streaming service than it is a cable or satellite company, and I just might have to do it. Problem is, aside from this, YouTube TV has been fantastic. I love everything about their interface, their DVR capability, the selection of channels (besides the FSN's now). It's been a great product and at a pretty reasonable price, though even that has gone up a little bit over the 2 years or so that we've used it.

I feel the exact same way! Which makes last week's decision frustrating!

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

You should just move to East Dubuque. It's not like the positives you experience on the stations will be outweighed by all the other negative aspects of living there.

(I know what your point is, I just couldn't resist since East Dubuque was used as a comparison).

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
RSNs are pointless and need to go away. Sinclair has botched every negotiation with providers since taking ownership of Fox RSNs last year.
It’s so stupid. I’d like to please give MLB real American dollars to watch the Twins; but apparently one of the unwritten rules of baseball is make it as difficult as possible to enjoy the sport