*** Official IOWA STATE VS Kansas State Game(Day) Thread ***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Bingo! You answered your own question.

College basketball is trash this year. Everyone knows it and have discussed it. Most analysts on ESPN and elsewhere have blamed it on WAY too many kids leaving for the NBA when they just aren't ready..... for example THT and Wiggs.

How else could a bad roster like Iowa has have had so much success this year?? Talent is down everywhere.

• Funny
Reactions: huntt26

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
I hope CSP recruits two competent point guards for next season. Our team is absolutely the worst passing team since the '70s. A reliable turnover machine.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Like this team needs another injury.

HastyLongHarlequinbug-size_restricted.gif

• Winner
Reactions: ISUKyro

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again. I like it that Lewis never misses those short shots.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
True but also the 3 point line moving has also impacted this more than it would seem.

Is this true? Is 3 pt shooting % down overall? I seriously don't know that answer.

All I know is that I don't know of hardly any superstars in college basketball this year at all. No househould names whatsoever. No great teams either.

Just think how good some of Fred's late teams or even Prohm's early teams at ISU would have done this season? With players like Royce, Niang, Monte, Thomas, Naz, Kane, Burton, Nader, and the list goes on and on. They'd be a number 1 or 2 seed easily this year.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Guys it's not fair. Larry had a 12 win team but he didn't have as many games so he didn't lose 20. cant judge prohm for having more games.

Also moral victory alert. At one point ( 18:29 left in the first ) we got Kstates percent chance to win down to 57.5 percent, which is basically a coin flip. It was anyone's game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is this true? Is 3 pt shooting % down overall? I seriously don't know that answer.

All I know is that I don't know of hardly any superstars in college basketball this year at all. No househould names whatsoever. No great teams either.

Just think how good some of Fred's late teams or even Prohm's early teams at ISU would have done this season? With players like Royce, Niang, Monte, Thomas, Naz, Kane, Burton, Nader, and the list goes on and on. They'd be a number 1 or 2 seed easily this year.

There's been some posts in other threads but I think the trend is that shooting and offense go down any year the 3 point line is moved.

Add in a bunch of teams without defined roles due to mass exodus, and yeah, it's pretty bad.

I see teams playing some good ball though and expect the tournament to be fun still.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
7 mins to go with a backcourt of Grill, Jenkins and Zion.