Halftime Entertainment

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
New line, fewer balls on the rack so they can't get as many shots up, signage on the side on the rack, yeah they haven't helped the contestant any.
And if they start making shots, the VW people start rebounding directly in front of the shooter as a distraction.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why do so many of the rebounding people seem like they have never touched a basketball before in their lives? Perhaps it is to be distracting and make it harder for the shooters.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Why do so many of the rebounding people seem like they have never touched a basketball before in their lives? Perhaps it is to be distracting and make it harder for the shooters.
At first I thought you were talking about today's game...I've successfully avoided THAT thread... :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Cycsk and NWICY

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
Hear me out - Intramural 3v3 basketball tournament during halftime. Before the season begins the (32) best 3v3 teams are decided. They then enter into a 32 team NCAA tourney style tournament with a game on each hoop during halftime. This equates to 31 total matches, at 2 per halftime this would be pretty close to filling all of the home games....

But wait there's more! In the final home game, the winning 3v3 team faces the walk-ons for the right to be next year's walk-ons.

Free halftime entertainment, more student engagement, and we've now created a platform to find hidden talent at ISU.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: everyyard and NWICY

stender

Jan 26, 2020
I vote for the Iowa Skippers. They are a jump rope team out of Cedar Rapids. They performed at Girls State Tournament last night, at UNI/Drake game in CF last month, and do a lot of high school games. Good stuff! Its amazing what these kids can do.

Last year, they performed at halftime of Iowa/Northwestern game. Needless to say, that was the best part of my day.

When I was a student at Iowa State (83-87), they always had a shooting contest at halftime. I think they shot 5 shots.They would draw a fan from the crowd by calling the section, the row, then the seat. I cant recall the guys last name, but it was through Benson Motors. He would walk out there, say "Hi everybody", and the crowd would respond with "Hi Ed". Very entertaining.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I vote for the Iowa Skippers. They are a jump rope team out of Cedar Rapids. They performed at Girls State Tournament last night, at UNI/Drake game in CF last month, and do a lot of high school games. Good stuff! Its amazing what these kids can do.

Last year, they performed at halftime of Iowa/Northwestern game. Needless to say, that was the best part of my day.

When I was a student at Iowa State (83-87), they always had a shooting contest at halftime. I think they shot 5 shots.They would draw a fan from the crowd by calling the section, the row, then the seat. I cant recall the guys last name, but it was through Benson Motors. He would walk out there, say "Hi everybody", and the crowd would respond with "Hi Ed". Very entertaining.
Ed Gagnier. Pronounced gah-nyay. He was the men's gymnastics coach for over a decade. He has a banner in the rafters at Hilton.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLONE STATE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron