Arch Madness 2020: Drake's March to the Madness

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
smaller mid-major tournaments, UNI could probably afford a loss at some point this weekend and still be fine.

For the record, I do have money riding on UNI to cover at -9.5
Ouch. Hope it wasn't your life savings.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Took Drake +9.5 today.. Looking like that's going to hold.

UNI might still end up making the NCAA tournament but man, this game could hurt their chances a bit if Drake holds on to win by a large margin.
A 21 point loss to a CBI team* certainly won't leave a good impression on the selection committee. They have to sit and be really uncomfortable for the next 9 days with no way to fix or change anything. I certainly am not as confident as I was pregame, that they would be OK even if they lost today. I did not see this coming. A game that was lost in the last minute or two or by a handful of points is a lot different than a 21 point game of (mostly) total domination.

*-unless they win Arch Madness

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Its not and I hope Drake wins tonight then punks UNI out of the tournament tomorrow so this clown goes back in his hole.

giphy.gif

Reactions: JP4CY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don't think tomorrow's result matters a bit to UNI at this point. On to the NIT regardless (and kudos to them for a good season, as I'm in no position to make fun of that tournament this year).
It doesn't matter to UNI. I was basically saying that it was a wasted effort to play spoiler for Drake unless they win their next 2 games. I hope they do. I don't want Iowa to be the lone representation of our state in the tournament. Yuck.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ben Jacobson in the locker room post game:

You know, when you were a baby in your crib and your father looked down at you, he had but one hope - "Someday, my son will grow to be a man." Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.”
This is a really weird quote.

Reactions: BigCyFan

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
UNI . Welcome to the NIT. No way they get an at large. Great, guess I'll be ignoring the local sports media for awhile since it will be all about Iowa and how they are the greatest team in the history of the state. Get here soon baseball.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It's freaking awesome. Screw UNI. They are Iowa fans' team when their Hawkeyes suck. You ever go to a UNI@ISU football game? Bunch of doorknob Iowa fans there in Iowa gear cheering on the Panthers. Not to mention Gary Rima's nauseating announcing, absolute tool bag. This made my day. Next up, hope Drake loses tomorrow so that we don't have to hear about "Des Moines' team" when they average 200 fans/game during a typical season.
I can understand not cheering for Iowa. But when one of the little in-state guys has success, I think it's a bad look for fans of the bigger school to scorn it and hope it gets squashed. It comes across as pathetic and insecure to me and I'm sure a lot of other people. I always hope Drake and UNI have success, more so UNI since I went to school there, but not pulling my hair out after the game today. Go Bulldogs!

Guess I'm a Purple Dog now

Reactions: Cat Stevens

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think it's sad how many ISU fans relish defeat for UNI. A little pathetic too, considering they are literally our little bro in the state.
I'm fine with Drake winning. Let's just hope they don't turn around and lose immediately tomorrow, rendering ruining UNI's season pointless at the end of the day.

I'll pull for Drake 10 games out of 10 but UNI and their dorky panther hawks can go take a bath with a toaster.