3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Joker with 11 Oscar Nominations including:

Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Director
Best Adapted Screenplay

What impact do you think this will have on future Comicbook movies? Will WB go all-in on other "gritty" takes on their properties? Will Marvel/Disney make an attempt to follow suit? Avengers: Endgame received one nomination for Best Visual Effects.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Director
Best Adapted Screenplay

What impact do you think this will have on future Comicbook movies? Will WB go all-in on other "gritty" takes on their properties? Will Marvel/Disney make an attempt to follow suit? Avengers: Endgame received one nomination for Best Visual Effects.

Best Picture
Best Actor
Best Director
Best Adapted Screenplay

I finally saw Joker. I was skeptical of some of the praise but it really is a truly great film. It's most like Taxi Driver but rarely felt like a Taxi Driver copy. It's too bad this and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood are the same year because visually you won't find two better looking films as far as photography, costume, lighting etc...

Some things DC has coming up are going to be great in my opinion but they aren't like Joker.

Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Its not the clearest look at the new costume, so I don't want to be too hard on it. However, does anyone else think this new costume looks like a bad Batman cosplay more so than an actual new batsuit???? To me, this is a clear downgrade from the Batfleck DCEU costume. Knock those DCEU movies for all you want, but to me, those Batfleck costumes were near perfection and the best reflection yet to the comics.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
This is related to the DC Animated Universe, but I am really, really, really looking forward to Superman: Red Son being released in a couple of weeks.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After seeing this new Pattinson Batsuit, whether you like it or not, it leaves me curious to see what everyone on here's favorite live-action Batsuit of all time is. Therefore, please post a pic of all your favorite iterations. Here is mine:

400184ea1a48ed85c27f46ce2b8bf9cc.jpg

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
(Non-Spoiler Review) So, I finally got to watching Swamp Things S1 on the DC Streaming Service and I'll have to admit that I was quite pleasantly surprised. I thought the story was pretty decent, the acting and characters were great, the cinematic quality was excellent, and the costumes were outstanding. Combine all those together and you get a pretty quality product, I'd say somewhat similar to the upper-tier Marvel Netflix shows. After watching it, I find it somewhat a shame the debacle the series went through budget-wise with North Carlina tax credits, which resulted in the the show getting canceled barely after it even got started, and much before it ended. I still don't know all the ins and outs behind the scenes, but it seemed like quite the crap-show. Regardless of the behind the scenes stuff, I can't say any of that showed on the screen. You could tell the show was produced by James Wan as it showed in everything, mostly particularly the horror elements of the show. Make no mistake, this show is very high on the horror elements and quite scary at times, in a good way. I'm not a horror fan myself, but liked the horror of this show. They don't skimp on the gore either. With all that said, it was a great show that I wish I could see a Season 2. The show also makes me look forward to starting Titans S1 next.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After posting my non-spoiler Swamp Thing Season 1 review above, the following is my updated Superhero TV rankings to include it.
  1. Daredevil (Season 3)
  2. The Punisher (Season 1)
  3. The Flash (Season 1)
  4. Daredevil (Season 2)
  5. Agents of Shield (Season 5)
  6. Daredevil (Season 1)
  7. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  8. Arrow (Season 2)
  9. Arrow (Season 1)
  10. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  11. Swamp Thing (Season 1)
  12. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  13. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
  14. Supergirl (Season 4)
  15. Arrow (Season 5)
  16. The Flash (Season 2)
  17. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  18. Supergirl (Season 1)
  19. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  20. Runaways (Season 2)
  21. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  22. Agents of Shield (Season 6)
  23. The Gifted (Season 2)
  24. The Gifted (Season 1)
  25. Supergirl (Season 2)
  26. The Tick (Season 1)
  27. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  28. Arrow (Season 6)
  29. The Flash (Season 4)
  30. Legion (Season 1)
  31. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  32. Krypton (Season 1)
  33. Powerless (Season 1)
  34. Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
  35. Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
  36. The Punisher (Season 2)
  37. Runaways (Season 1)
  38. Gotham (Season 1)
  39. The Flash (Season 3)
  40. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  41. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  42. The Defenders (Season 1)
  43. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  44. The Flash (Season 5)
  45. Supergirl (Season 3)
  46. The Boys (Season 1)
  47. Legion (Season 2)
  48. Gotham (Season 2)
  49. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  50. Constantine (Season 1)
  51. Runaways (Season 3)
  52. The Tick (Season 2)
  53. Arrow (Season 3)
  54. Arrow (Season 7)
  55. Arrow (Season 4)
  56. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  57. Black Lightning (Season 1)
  58. Black Lightning (Season 2)
  59. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)
  60. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  61. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4)
  62. Inhumans (Season 1)
Again, up next is Titans S1.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
(Non-Spoiler Review) So, I finally finished Titans: Season 1 on the DC Universe Streaming Service and here is my thoughts. As a preface to me going in, I've never been much of a Titans fan, did not enjoy the Teen Titans movie, haven't particularly liked the character of Robin ever, and didn't find any of the promo stuff going into the series, particularly the look and direction this series seemed to be going to be encouraging in the slightest. So, as you can guess, my expectations were pretty low. However, I did enjoy Swamp Thing, so that did bring up my expectations a bit I guess.

With all that said, I actually really enjoyed the series!! I thought the casting and acting was spectacular for pretty much everyone, most particularly Brenton Thwaites as Robin, Teagan Croft as Raven, and Ryan Potter as Beast Boy. I also really enjoyed the look, tone, cinematography, and feel of the series, which also included the character's costumes. I really like the Robin costume. Like stated above, I've never been a Robin fan, but Brenton has suddenly made me love the character and his story line in this series. All the bad rap the series got for the trailer, including the "F Batman" line (I hated seeing that in the promos), actually wasn't as bad as it appeared. It ended up fitting well into the story line they were telling. I just thought the writing in general was really pretty good and the visuals and fight scenes were on par to back it up too.

However, along those writing lines also maybe comes my one biggest criticism of the series, and that was the ending. It wasn't that it was necessarily bad, but I didn't love that the writers chose to finish the season on a monster cliff hanger with zero conclusion to anything in the season. Ultimately, its somewhat forgivable if S2 keeps rocking on well at the same pace, but I still like finding some type of conclusive satisfaction at the end of watching any TV show's season. Anyway, those are my thoughts and would love to hear anyone else's on here who have seen the season as well. Next up, I'm currently working my way through Doom Patrol S1.

Last edited:
Reactions: CloniesForLife

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
After seeing this new Pattinson Batsuit, whether you like it or not, it leaves me curious to see what everyone on here's favorite live-action Batsuit of all time is. Therefore, please post a pic of all your favorite iterations. Here is mine:

400184ea1a48ed85c27f46ce2b8bf9cc.jpg

Batman13_large_846.jpg

Adam West rules. This suit would be baller on Halloween.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Matt Reeves posting photos of the new Batmobile

Ugggghhhhh........ is this Fast and Furious or Batman? As much as I love Matt Reeves and DC's past history on costumes and Batmobiles, I can't say I've been impressed with what I've seen so far. I'll give it some time though to prove me wrong. I'll keep an open mind.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
After posting my full Titans: Season 1 review, the following is my updated Superhero TV rankings to include it. As you can see, I rated it very high.

1. Daredevil (Season 3)
  3. The Flash (Season 1)
  4. Daredevil (Season 2)
  6. Daredevil (Season 1)
  7. Titans (Season 1)
  8. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  9. Arrow (Season 2)
  10. Arrow (Season 1)
  11. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  12. Swamp Thing (Season 1)
  13. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  14. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
  15. Supergirl (Season 4)
  16. Arrow (Season 5)
  17. The Flash (Season 2)
  18. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  19. Supergirl (Season 1)
  20. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  21. Runaways (Season 2)
  22. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  23. Agents of Shield (Season 6)
  24. The Gifted (Season 2)
  25. The Gifted (Season 1)
  26. Supergirl (Season 2)
  27. The Tick (Season 1)
  28. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  29. Arrow (Season 6)
  30. The Flash (Season 4)
  31. Legion (Season 1)
  32. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  33. Krypton (Season 1)
  34. Powerless (Season 1)
  35. Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
  36. Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
  37. The Punisher (Season 2)
  38. Runaways (Season 1)
  39. Gotham (Season 1)
  40. The Flash (Season 3)
  41. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  42. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  43. The Defenders (Season 1)
  44. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  45. The Flash (Season 5)
  46. Supergirl (Season 3)
  47. The Boys (Season 1)
  48. Legion (Season 2)
  49. Gotham (Season 2)
  50. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  51. Constantine (Season 1)
  52. Runaways (Season 3)
  53. The Tick (Season 2)
  54. Arrow (Season 3)
  55. Arrow (Season 7)
  56. Arrow (Season 4)
  57. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  58. Black Lightning (Season 1)
  59. Black Lightning (Season 2)
  60. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)
  61. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  62. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4)
  63. Inhumans (Season 1)
Next up: Doom Patrol: Season 1

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
After posting my full Titans: Season 1 review, the following is my updated Superhero TV rankings to include it. As you can see, I rated it very high.

1. Daredevil (Season 3)
  3. The Flash (Season 1)
  4. Daredevil (Season 2)
  6. Daredevil (Season 1)
  7. Titans (Season 1)
  8. Agents of Shield (Season 4)
  9. Arrow (Season 2)
  10. Arrow (Season 1)
  11. Jessica Jones (Season 1)
  12. Swamp Thing (Season 1)
  13. Luke Cage (Season 2)
  14. Jessica Jones (Season 3)
  15. Supergirl (Season 4)
  16. Arrow (Season 5)
  17. The Flash (Season 2)
  18. Agent Carter (Season 1)
  19. Supergirl (Season 1)
  20. Luke Cage (Season 1)
  21. Runaways (Season 2)
  22. Agents of Shield (Season 2)
  23. Agents of Shield (Season 6)
  24. The Gifted (Season 2)
  25. The Gifted (Season 1)
  26. Supergirl (Season 2)
  27. The Tick (Season 1)
  28. Iron Fist (Season 2)
  29. Arrow (Season 6)
  30. The Flash (Season 4)
  31. Legion (Season 1)
  32. Jessica Jones (Season 2)
  33. Krypton (Season 1)
  34. Powerless (Season 1)
  35. Cloak and Dagger (Season 1)
  36. Cloak and Dagger (Season 2)
  37. The Punisher (Season 2)
  38. Runaways (Season 1)
  39. Gotham (Season 1)
  40. The Flash (Season 3)
  41. Agents of Shield (Season 1)
  42. Agents of Shield (Season 3)
  43. The Defenders (Season 1)
  44. Agent Carter (Season 2)
  45. The Flash (Season 5)
  46. Supergirl (Season 3)
  47. The Boys (Season 1)
  48. Legion (Season 2)
  49. Gotham (Season 2)
  50. Iron Fist (Season 1)
  51. Constantine (Season 1)
  52. Runaways (Season 3)
  53. The Tick (Season 2)
  54. Arrow (Season 3)
  55. Arrow (Season 7)
  56. Arrow (Season 4)
  57. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 1)
  58. Black Lightning (Season 1)
  59. Black Lightning (Season 2)
  60. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 3)
  61. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 2)
  62. Legends of Tomorrow (Season 4)
  63. Inhumans (Season 1)
Next up: Doom Patrol: Season 1
Looks like I need to get on that DC subscription and watch their shows!

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
(Non-Spoiler Review) So, I finally finished Titans: Season 1 on the DC Universe Streaming Service and here is my thoughts. As a preface to me going in, I've never been much of a Titans fan, did not enjoy the Teen Titans movie, haven't particularly liked the character of Robin ever, and didn't find any of the promo stuff going into the series, particularly the look and direction this series seemed to be going to be encouraging in the slightest. So, as you can guess, my expectations were pretty low. However, I did enjoy Swamp Thing, so that did bring up my expectations a bit I guess.

With all that said, I actually really enjoyed the series!! I thought the casting and acting was spectacular for pretty much everyone, most particularly Brenton Thwaites as Robin, Teagan Croft as Raven, and Ryan Potter as Beast Boy. I also really enjoyed the look, tone, cinematography, and feel of the series, which also included the character's costumes. I really like the Robin costume. Like stated above, I've never been a Robin fan, but Brenton has suddenly made me love the character and his story line in this series. All the bad rap the series got for the trailer, including the "F Batman" line (I hated seeing that in the promos), actually wasn't as bad as it appeared. It ended up fitting well into the story line they were telling. I just thought the writing in general was really pretty good and the visuals and fight scenes were on par to back it up too.

However, along those writing lines also maybe comes my one biggest criticism of the series and that was the ending. It wasn't that it was necessarily bad, but I didn't love that the writers chose to finish the season on a monster cliff hanger with zero conclusion to anything in the season. Ultimately, its somewhat forgivable if S2 keeps rocking on well at the same pace, but I still like finding some type of conclusive satisfaction at the end of watching any TV show's season. Anyway, those are my thoughts and would love to hear anyone else's on here who have seen the season as well. Next up, I'm currently working my way through Doom Patrol S1.

I thought Titans season 2 was even better than season 1. They bring in Slade and Rose and that makes it pretty entertaining. Man, Doom Patrol got real weird real fast.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Matt Reeves posting photos of the new Batmobile

I personally prefer The Dark Knight batmobile. This new one looks more like it's built for speed and not a gritty dogfight. It looks a little too fragile for my liking. Maybe they'll surprise me with how it gets used.