Another family dynasty?

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
I think we are all aware of the Joens family with Ashley and next year Aubry being Cyclones. And how about their younger sister (Kelsy?).

But I was reading about Lexi Donarski and see she has a sister Macy, a freshman, who recently had a double double with a game with ten points and eleven (yes, ELEVEN!) steals! Who ever heard of eleven steels in a game?

I do not know if Macy has Lexi's potential but it is intriguing!

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I think we are all aware of the Joens family with Ashley and next year Aubry being Cyclones. And how about their younger sister (Kelsy?).

But I was reading about Lexi Donarski and see she has a sister Macy, a freshman, who recently had a double double with a game with ten points and eleven (yes, ELEVEN!) steals! Who ever heard of eleven steels in a game?

I do not know if Macy has Lexi's potential but it is intriguing!

We do appear to be recruiting Macy. I have her on the 2023 list here: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/wbb-2023-recruiting-thread.249015/

Kylie Feuerbach also has a younger sister (Faith) who is also a legit 2022 Div I prospect. She has an offer from Northern Illinois.

BobTheHawkHater

Jan 21, 2008

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Watched the Aquinas - Mineral Point game on a live stream. Close game (sarcasm) at 86-40. Lexi had 27 and Macy 10. Aquinas plays very hard defensively.

Observations from a total novice: what I liked seeing from Lexi is that she could drive as well as hitting the jump shot. And her jump shot was off the bounce most times rather than just an open set shot.

She also has great court vision as she was passing from 3/4 court to open teammates for shots on fast breaks and corner three point baskets.

Macy could develop very nicely. Did not look like a high school freshman to me. I believe she might have had three 3-point baskets.