Survivor: Winners at War

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think it was a smart vote for the lesser players. I think it was a bad vote for Tony. Now he is the top target on that tribe

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Sandra has the reputation of a strong strategic player, but she's having a rough season. Yul is kicking her ass.

Rob needed that comeback, he was a goner if they lost. Tribe swap comes at a "convenient" time. Producers wanted no part of having all the well known players out before the merge .

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
The thing that stood out to me when the older players talking about voting out nick was that they brought up him not doing much around camp. I can’t remember the last time someone brought that up as a reason but I may have a bad memory. They make it much easier on the players now than they did in the early days.

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Tyson was probably the right vote last night. It is interesting that the old school players have basically been the 1st ones voted out so far although the 3 biggest threats in Rob, Parvarti, and Sandra continue to stay in the game. Still amazes me how Rob plays the game and everyone seems to be OK with just letting him know everything so he can stay in control. Not sure I like the tribe swap that is about to happen but like Clark mentioned the producers probably want to keep Rob and Parvarti in this game as long as they can and swapping tribes could give them some new avenues to help their position.

Ethan had a little scare didn't he? That would be an exhausting challenge that would burn a lot of calories you aren't getting right now. The one thing I thought of is that would be the kind of challenge that at least keeps you occupied all day instead of just sitting around so would at least keep your mind occupied but unless they get some more food that probably took a lot of energy out of them.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sandra has the reputation of a strong strategic player, but she's having a rough season. Yul is kicking her ass.

Rob needed that comeback, he was a goner if they lost. Tribe swap comes at a "convenient" time. Producers wanted no part of having all the well known players out before the merge .
Yeah, I was pretty amazed at the puzzle stage. That has been Rob's downfall more than once.
Maybe I'm naive, but I thought they pre-planned all the change-up dates before the season starts. You think they insert tribal mix-ups as the game goes along, to keep things moving?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to admire Natalie. I think my annoyance with her was due to the whole "twinnie" thing that she & her twin did on Amazing Race...their voices were just too annoying.

Her drive on Extinction Island is pretty damn impressive, though. And what a sweet moment for the three women to go back up one more time for Ethan's last log...
That kind of support doesn't happen often between rivals on that show.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I have always like Natalie but probably like her even more after watching her last night. And the Ethan thing was just f'ing awesome. Brought a tear to my eye.

• Agree

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah, I was pretty amazed at the puzzle stage. That has been Rob's downfall more than once.
Maybe I'm naive, but I thought they pre-planned all the change-up dates before the season starts. You think they insert tribal mix-ups as the game goes along, to keep things moving?

I absolutely think they do the tribe mix ups based on what happens. There is only 1 season that I can recall that they let 1 tribe vote each other out until there were just 2 left and that was season 10 in Palau where the Ulong tribe lost 8 of the first 9 immunity challenges leaving Stephanie and Bobby Jon to make fire in order to make the "merge." Most seasons if things start to get a little lopsided and a tribe starts to lose several in a row they conveniently have a tribe swap to even things up so yes I do believe that not all the tribe swaps are pre-planned.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I am pretty sure that the tribe swaps are pre planned based on how many people are in each tribe and how many are left in the game. I don't think the producers just decide on the spot to switch it up. That would be a big brother type move. Survivor has a whole book of rules from the sounds of it. That is how they avoid lawsuits and they are never accused of trying to show that they have a favorite.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Love this season. Way entertaining.

Agree. My only complaint is that the challenges have gotten pretty stale. Anymore they're pretty much the exact same thing just in a slightly different form... one part physical with dexterity/coordination; one part physical with strength/endurance; last part puzzle. Wish they'd put a little more creative thinking into them and come up with challenges that really are different from one another from week to week.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Agree. My only complaint is that the challenges have gotten pretty stale. Anymore they're pretty much the exact same thing just in a slightly different form... one part physical with dexterity/coordination; one part physical with strength/endurance; last part puzzle. Wish they'd put a little more creative thinking into them and come up with challenges that really are different from one another from week to week.

Bring back some of the old school challenges as well.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Think I'm going to watch redemption island where Rob wins next. I read some people said it was rigged to allow him to win though.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Yeah they used to have some good challenges. Now it’s just do a couple things and put a puzzle together. Not really sure who is in so much love with puzzles but it’s boring

• Agree

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Those two guys are fools, you never intentionally put yourself in an even numbers situation. One of them will get what's coming to them next week

• Agree
Reactions: Fitzy and Drew0311