MUSINGS POD: Ask me anything

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Do the basketball players actually work on fundamentals like passing, boxing out, moving your feet on defense, passing to open teammates in practice, or, are they just bullshitting us? Just wondering.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
With the Cyclone sports summer doldrums ahead of us, a lackluster bball season still lingering, and the divisive, polarizing tone of internet chatter these days, how about a fun, full-weekend event to showcase the camaraderie we know us Cyclone Fanatics are capable of?

I'm thinking the Cyclone Fanatic Softball Spectacular for Charity (I know, the tourney name needs work). Team captains being anyone with access to the 'dumb' reaction option on these boards.

I hereby offer my services pro bono for team shirt designs.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do the basketball players actually work on fundamentals like passing, boxing out, moving your feet on defense, passing to open teammates in practice, or, are they just bullshitting us? Just wondering.
giphy.gif

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
1- Assuming NCAA new transfer rule goes into effect this fall (seems likely).. Does this change outlook in b-ball with the likely availability of new transfers increasing 10 Fold?

2- Assuming TH goes pro and (1) other player transfers (likely again).. What do u see Prohm doing with 2 more ships this spring?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What are your favorite ways to bet sports? Are you a fan of parlays, teasers etc. Or do you stick strictly to making straight bets?

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Playing two bigs hasn't worked out that great for the Clones this year. Seems we'll be in a position next year with potentially three of our best players in the post - Solo, Conditt, Foster. Prohm refused to play Solo and Conditt at the same time this year.

I think there are legitimate concerns about Prohm's lineup management, and adding Foster into the Solo/Conditt mix doesn't seem like it'll clear things up. Can Prohm figure out how to effectively utilize all three players, assuming Foster is ready for meaningful minutes as a freshman? If so, how?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Also, I know you are into investing. Do you have any opinions on how someone a little new to the investing game should wade into the waters? A beginner's handbook, so to speak.

ppclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
What do you want your career to look like in 5 years?

Like you, i'm a Simmons fan and see some similarities (on a smaller scale) in the strategic direction you're taking. Interested to see what your 'Career Strategic Plan' looks like.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
First off, really liked your CW pod with Lyndsey Fennelly. Well done to you both.
In there, you touched on how news channels have becombe more about ratings than news. I totally agree.
Given that, how concerned should we be with the coronavirus? Is the news media making it seem like a bigger deal than it is?

This is where I get worried. I can drown out the media when it comes to politics, but then I don't know who to trust when there is real news that needs to be reported accurately.

You should be no more concerned with the coronavirus than you are with influenza. If you’re not elderly/infirm/immunocompromized, you will likely be fine. Take the same preventative steps for each: wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough, and, if you see someone wearing a surgical mask, punch them.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Do you feel like less of a man for pretending to get the sinp-a-roosky? I mean Fales got his knocked out over the KXNO air waves.

Andy Fales is just the latest. Steve Dahl, the first and best "reality radio host," got a vasectomy on the air in Chicago in 1989!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Dahl

P.S. He was also the commander-in-chief for Disco Demolition! He was great back then.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well too late but why no article on the WBB team win over the WVU Mountain Mamas?

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Since I dont think I've heard/seen you comment on this yet, do you think Steve Prohm should be on the hot seat right now? And how hot do you think his seat should be right now?

And, do you think CSP will shake up his staff this off season?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Podcasts seem to be hit and miss recently. What are the future plans for podcasts on CF?

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron