Walking Dead

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That is still pushing it. I laughed when I saw Judith out there dealing with the zombies at the beginning of the episode. Seriously. They used to protect the children, but now they bring them along on zombie killing raids. I mean, they try to put in a close call here and there, but I don't even buy it since the zombies now seem to pose zero threat.

Saw you pop up as latest poster on recent posts list and was surprised you were still watching this. Saw an article the other day, didn't read it but header said 10 seasons. Couldn't believe that it's been on that long. I dropped out when they had a finale cliff hanger of "Oh, stay tuned to see which good guy gets his head bashed by the big bad bat!" Didn't care, just bash them all and put them out of their misery and raise the collective IQ of the survivors was my answer so knew it was time to bail. :rolleyes:

PS: Don't care who is still watching, that's cool and all but reserve the right to give @GTO **** about it. ;)

Reactions: Acylum

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Saw you pop up as latest poster on recent posts list and was surprised you were still watching this. Saw an article the other day, didn't read it but header said 10 seasons. Couldn't believe that it's been on that long. I dropped out when they had a finale cliff hanger of "Oh, stay tuned to see which good guy gets his head bashed by the big bad bat!" Didn't care, just bash them all and put them out of their misery and raise the collective IQ of the survivors was my answer so knew it was time to bail. :rolleyes:

PS: Don't care who is still watching, that's cool and all but reserve the right to give @GTO **** about it. ;)
Smart man. I feel like I'm zombieing through the rest of this show until whenever it ends.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I almost quit watching it through the ridiculous Negan seasons but I actually like it again. The Whisperers bring an element that makes me want to watch every week again.
The Whisperers were a bit of a letdown to me because I originally thought the zombies were just evolving and starting to be able to talk (Return of the Living Dead style). THAT would have been way cooler.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I'm going through the motions right now. I feel like I have to watch instead of excited to watch. Ugh.

One thing that annoys me is every conversation...every single one...is done with an urgent tone. Seriously, listen to Michonne, her dialog is always whispering and in a panic. It was refreshing when she saw Judith and her friend this past episode. For a moment she actually spoke like a real human.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Mother of God that was an awful episode. Boring and pointless.

Yep, they seem to be back to the formula of alternating decent show/trash show. They assume we care about the Alpha/Beta back story, but no. No one gives a single ****.

I don't read the graphic novel, so no idea if this is correct, but here is an early guess of mine.

Satellite crashes, and someone asks Eugene about radiation. In the same episode, Michonne makes the statement that "Alpha has the nuclear weapon and we don't" in reference to the horde. I will die laughing if Eugene crafts a nuclear bomb from satellite parts to wipe out the horde.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
God these people are getting dumber. I prefer tough Carol not this whining idiot.
They fell for the oldest trick in the book, all falling into the the cave after chasing the bad guys. It was like Home Alone, and I feel like the writers have given up. That being said, I liked the new episode for the most part. The crawling through the cave was pretty good. How would you draw Carol’s character arc? Is it a complete circle by now?

• Agree
Reactions: Carlisle Clone

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
They fell for the oldest trick in the book, all falling into the the cave after chasing the bad guys. It was like Home Alone, and I feel like the writers have given up. That being said, I liked the new episode for the most part. The crawling through the cave was pretty good. How would you draw Carol’s character arc? Is it a complete circle by now?

I’d say complete oval

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We watched last night and thought, "OK." Even the bad episodes of Walking Dead DESTROY the best episodes of Fear TWD lately.

On a side note, after the Camping World Bowl, my wife and I stopped in Senoia, GA (Rhynes with enjoy) where the film a lot of TWD. We took around a 1.5-2 hour walking tour. Pretty cool seeing some of the scenes in real life. Also amazing what they can do with the magic of television. Areas of town being reused for several different scenes by only changing some background pieces or filming from different angles.

Alexandria was actually built in Senoia. I can't remember if there were a total of like 10-12 houses built but you can actually buy them! A few have owners that have to move out a few months of the year so the filming can occur. If you get a chance, I recommend making a stop in their town.

Reactions: SC Cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron