Which one is better? Be honest!

Which logo set is better?

• Current

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • Timeless

Votes: 253 89.4%
  • Meh--don't you have some new Jack Trice stuff or something?

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I really like the I-State logo. I know not everybody does, but it was a good addition.

The turd bugle and Wisconsin Badger Cy are not good. I'd put blender bird above them.

That modern tornado logo needs to became official. It's awesome. And Walking Cy is iconic.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I had some custom hats made for myself and a few friends/family with the Timeless tornado. Its such a great design that really can be "timeless" if we'd just freaking use it.

Reactions: heitclone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don't think that this is even a choice. Don't know if I'd call them timeless, but I don't care for the beveling on the old I-State and hate the bugle and Bucky-Cy. I do think that the oval Cy as a secondary logo has grown on me some.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The word marks could effectively be the same mark just for different production uses. Both are the best we've ever had. Some previous word marks were disasters.

The cyclone on the right is clearly more timeless but presents a problem that it's not the most natural fit with a block letter word mark.

I'm not sure either walking Cy is timeless. The one on the right has nostalgia value that adds something but it doesn't look like something that could have been created in any decade.

As long as we have a mascot in a cardinal suit there's no option to go Cyclone only. People will visualize the mascot and you want to control that. The new walking Cy has some line weight issues that limit its application compared to the more vintage. The vintage walking Cy fits a little better with I State word mark than either of the cyclones.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTO

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
So obviously timeless. And it's not close. Why this A.D. can't wise up and start using the tornado again is beyond me. It's not zero sum. FSU does it and we easily could too. We could keep the I-State everywhere it is with the exception of the helmets, that's it... Why...WHY is this so hard???

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So obviously timeless. And it's not close. Why this A.D. can't wise up and start using the tornado again is beyond me. It's not zero sum. FSU does it and we easily could too. We could keep the I-State everywhere it is with the exception of the helmets, that's it... Why...WHY is this so hard???

It really is mind blowing.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
This is like the best Michael Jordan-led Bulls team in history vs. a team of 3rd grade girls assembled in gym class.

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
It really is mind blowing.
I just DO NOT get it...

I feel like the AD is leaving so much money on the table. The tornado logo (just the logo, no text) would sell like hotcakes. Symbols sell; the Longhorn sells, the Powercat sells, the Sundevil Trident sells ...and the Orrnado will too.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I just DO NOT get it...

I feel like the AD is leaving so much money on the table. The tornado logo (just the logo, no text) would sell like hotcakes. Symbols sell; the Longhorn sells, the Powercat sells, the Sundevil Trident sells ...and the Orrnado will too.

PREACH BROTHER! It really kind of makes me mad the people in power can't see that.

Reactions: Cy37

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Because they want to double down and not admit it was a bad design they approved and used.

• Winner
Reactions: psychlone99

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
So obviously timeless. And it's not close. Why this A.D. can't wise up and start
using the tornado again is beyond me. It's not zero sum. FSU does it and we easily could too. We could keep the I-State everywhere it is with the exception of the helmets, that's it... Why...WHY is this so hard???

We might get there after JP pays another set of consultants to come with a 'new' concept that we already know is preferred.