Sports Performance Center Live Web Camera

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cytasticlone

Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Wow they've accomplished a lot the last couple days. I know everything before it had to be done first, but it's cool to see the floors go in and the walls start to go up.

• Creative
Reactions: FBFAN

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Wow they've accomplished a lot the last couple days. I know everything before it had to be done first, but it's cool to see the floors go in and the walls start to go up.

Yeah, huge wall panels going up right now.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Isualum13

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Its been a while since I've payed attention, but is the Olson building gone?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Oh yeah. That’s why the buildings don’t match up. Duh. :(
The Olson building isn't in that view from the webcam. That's the Bergstrom on the left. I imagine they will need to cut some openings in it in order to tie the two together and with spring training right around the corner they need to wait.

I dug through one of the other threads to find the link to the proposal that shows the different floor plans once it gets completed. I'm adding it here for reference so you don't have to go searching for it.

https://www.iowaregents.edu/media/cms/1118_PF5__ISU_Register_6512BA850B304.pdf

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The Olson building isn't in that view from the webcam. That's the Bergstrom on the left. I imagine they will need to cut some openings in it in order to tie the two together and with spring training right around the corner they need to wait.

I dug through one of the other threads to find the link to the proposal that shows the different floor plans once it gets completed. I'm adding it here for reference so you don't have to go searching for it.

https://www.iowaregents.edu/media/cms/1118_PF5__ISU_Register_6512BA850B304.pdf
Thanks for this link. I was wondering what they were going to do with the athletics administration offices that are in the Olson Building. Also some good insight with the visitors/officials locker rooms.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just curious. Last year the construction was the excuse for canceling the Spring Game. Anyone think that’s going to happen again?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just curious. Last year the construction was the excuse for canceling the Spring Game. Anyone think that’s going to happen again?

I think I remember that CMC doesn't give to rips about the spring game and would just have another practice in private. It really is a waste of time anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I think I remember that CMC doesn't give to rips about the spring game and would just have another practice in private. It really is a waste of time anyway.
Yep, all of us who enjoy sitting there in Jack Trice with an excuse for watching our beloved Cyclones really consider it a waste of time.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
So, those guys working on a Saturday at the Sports Perfomance Center, can we maybe hire them to work the road construction zones where we all have to slow down to 45 mph all weekend with nary a soul in sight?